Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to expose a corporate high profile guy

AngryBird007

Default Want to expose a corporate high profile guy

Dear All. I'm writing this query for the first time. I'm sharing this for the first time with you guys. Without any drama I will come straight to the point. Its about a guy friend of mine in mid-40's. He is a software engineer by profession. He is settled in US and is working with Apple , at high position which I cannot mention here obviously for privacy reason. He is at such high position that he is rarely questioned of his ethics and other things. But when I had exposure to his professional world I was shocked to learn what he was actually upto. This so called high profile friend of mine is cheating Apple by working with another company part-time(possibly from home) which is also in the field of Technology/IT. It appears that it's the same company of which he used to talk about which was supposed to be started by his friends with their own money few years ago. A sort of Tech start-up. I was shocked when I saw this dark side of him because as far as my knowledge is concerned when you work for a company full-time like Apple you should not be supposed to be working for another tech company start-up or otherwise even if its part-time. Another thing is he has not received any promotions from last 5 years in Apple and his senior in apple is asking him to quit his job. Inshort they are torturing him to leave the office. When I confronted him about he holding two jobs at the same time he said he needs more money as he is not getting any promotions in his office and also has a goal to be a millionaire in US. But I didn't like this particular behavior of him. He was a gentlemen few years ago and now he is spoiled just because he wants to be millionaire. I had helped him out a lot when he needed me the most and because he used to hold ethics , honesty and loyalty above all life's relationships. These were his core principles back then. But now it's a totally different scenario. I want to expose him to his seniors in Apple. Because if someone from Apple finds out about him working with another company side by side not only he will be in trouble but I too will be dragged into investigation when they will come to know that I was aware of all of this. I don't want any headache for me at this stage of my life. I tried to make my friend understand that such a conduct is not good on his part and that he has a family to look after with a young child just entering teenage years. Since he was not ready to give up on his part , I talked to his wife and what I learned was even more shocking. After a long conversation with his wife I came to know that it was her idea first that he should be working with two companies so that they could quickly enter the ultra-rich bracket. She is having no problems with him working two companies at the same time. But I have got the problem because I'm also a Software Professional & more importantly people that know we are good friends and if something like this comes up or gets exposed on national TV , not only my company will kick me out but no reputed company will hire me for hiding such a thing for a long time and my prospect to work with some high tech company in future will be limited and my character will be questionable also. Hence I've decided to expose this friend of mine to his seniors. But I do not want to meet with his seniors directly instead write a letter or email or something like that. But am not sure where should I start. I checked internet to see where I can get apple company's email ID to inform them about it. But everywhere I see only the consumer complain ID for defective apple products. Do you guys know of any agencies in US private or government where I could report such a fraud? Kindly do not tell me not to do this to him. I know what legal options I have and the consequences of me not taking it forward. Please be detailed in your answers if possible. Thank you very much for taking time to read this query.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!

There has to be a legal cell in Apple, which is obviously where you are working. Go through the route that is given in the SOP. Its that simple. Or you could make a report to the HR.

You already revealed the Apple, you shouldn't have. Anyway there is something called HR department. Ever heard of that? Let them do your job and you too please start doing yours instead of looking at others' ethics.

it is perfectly "legal" to hold as many full time/ part time jobs. as long as his boss and company is fine with his performance, no court can prosecute him for this. yes, Apple may fire him. but if they dont, you cannot do anything else.

secondly, no boss in a Fortune company will tell his employee to quit. if the company or boss wants him to quit, they will just fire him. in US, companies do not need to show any cause as long as they pay him severance as per company policy.

the only thing you can do here is email his boss with the details of your knowledge. it is upto the boss to act upon it. so you need to get your facts straightened up.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

DIVIDED WE FALL !! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

I dont know how you should do it but Do it and then write a book on it and sell your story to biggest Hollywood director. I'm serious.
    I'm in love with your body
    I'm in love with the Shape of You

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird007 View Post
    Dear All. I'm writing this query for the first time. I'm sharing this for the first time with you guys. Without any drama I will come straight to the point. Its about a guy friend of mine in mid-40's. He is a software engineer by profession. He is settled in US and is working with Apple , at high position which I cannot mention here obviously for privacy reason. He is at such high position that he is rarely questioned of his ethics and other things. But when I had exposure to his professional world I was shocked to learn what he was actually upto. This so called high profile friend of mine is cheating Apple by working with another company part-time(possibly from home) which is also in the field of Technology/IT. It appears that it's the same company of which he used to talk about which was supposed to be started by his friends with their own money few years ago. A sort of Tech start-up. I was shocked when I saw this dark side of him because as far as my knowledge is concerned when you work for a company full-time like Apple you should not be supposed to be working for another tech company start-up or otherwise even if its part-time. Another thing is he has not received any promotions from last 5 years in Apple and his senior in apple is asking him to quit his job. Inshort they are torturing him to leave the office. When I confronted him about he holding two jobs at the same time he said he needs more money as he is not getting any promotions in his office and also has a goal to be a millionaire in US. But I didn't like this particular behavior of him. He was a gentlemen few years ago and now he is spoiled just because he wants to be millionaire. I had helped him out a lot when he needed me the most and because he used to hold ethics , honesty and loyalty above all life's relationships. These were his core principles back then. But now it's a totally different scenario. I want to expose him to his seniors in Apple. Because if someone from Apple finds out about him working with another company side by side not only he will be in trouble but I too will be dragged into investigation when they will come to know that I was aware of all of this. I don't want any headache for me at this stage of my life. I tried to make my friend understand that such a conduct is not good on his part and that he has a family to look after with a young child just entering teenage years. Since he was not ready to give up on his part , I talked to his wife and what I learned was even more shocking. After a long conversation with his wife I came to know that it was her idea first that he should be working with two companies so that they could quickly enter the ultra-rich bracket. She is having no problems with him working two companies at the same time. But I have got the problem because I'm also a Software Professional & more importantly people that know we are good friends and if something like this comes up or gets exposed on national TV , not only my company will kick me out but no reputed company will hire me for hiding such a thing for a long time and my prospect to work with some high tech company in future will be limited and my character will be questionable also. Hence I've decided to expose this friend of mine to his seniors. But I do not want to meet with his seniors directly instead write a letter or email or something like that. But am not sure where should I start. I checked internet to see where I can get apple company's email ID to inform them about it. But everywhere I see only the consumer complain ID for defective apple products. Do you guys know of any agencies in US private or government where I could report such a fraud? Kindly do not tell me not to do this to him. I know what legal options I have and the consequences of me not taking it forward. Please be detailed in your answers if possible. Thank you very much for taking time to read this query.
    you don't sound much like a friend..
    Unless you are also working two jobs, i don't think some company will fire you for knowing about someone else working two jobs..
    there is never such clause in any job offer..
    I am still trying to figure out what will you gain by exposing him to his seniors....
    you comment shows that you are competing with him for something in Apple...
    Live your life and let others live their lives...

New Born

Man, it seems like you are jealous of this guy and this tells me he is achieving what he has aimed for. Also, I work for one of world's most technically advanced company and they motivate their employees to be entrepreneurs or allow them to work more than one job. This is very common here in US.

I am not sure where you are i.e in US or outside US. If US then all your concerns are irrelevant and I am not ready to buy the fact that you don't know about HR or escalation processes.

To me it seems like that you have already reported the matter and now trying unnecessarily justify your actions by asking the community.

IN SHORT YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE.

New Born

What kinda friend are you. If according to you your friend is cheating Apple, you will be doing the same thing with ur friend.
    If u got the guts come out in the open and then complain / expose, if not keep a cap on your jealousy.

the only thing you can do here is email his boss with the details of your knowledge.

SB ICON Lieutenant General don99's Avatar

just do it......................!
    "Don't wait for the Perfect moment.. take the Moment and make it Perfect."

SB ICON Lieutenant General don99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anna.duong View Post
    the only thing you can do here is email his boss with the details of your knowledge.

agree with it.................
    "Don't wait for the Perfect moment.. take the Moment and make it Perfect."

New Born

http://froheweihnachtenneujahr2017.de/
    http://www.froheweihnachtsbilder2016.com/
    Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

ooohhhhhh............

SB Champion Lieutenant

​I ma not even sure where you are getting at... First you should not have mentioned Apple but you did and I don't ****ing get it yes he can hold 2 ****ing jobs as long as he keeps them separate and there is no interferences with his performances.. you are not a good friend I am sorry but you are not a good friend and to me you seem like you are jealous and if he wants to be a millionaire man he has high goals and he is working hard to achieve them.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird007 View Post
    i dont think anything wrong whts ur friend until he violates company policy n codes. like if in his contract/appointment he cant hold second position he is in trouble. secondly as a start up he might be working as investor which even apple/windows cant do nothing until he has signed any competing clause. i dont think it should be ur concern n he has not broken any ethics as far i think coz most of the companies are never true to their employees. so chill