Thread: Lost interest in doing well after she's left

Unregistered

Default Lost interest in doing well after she's left

Hii ,

I am 24 yrs old guy doing my masters from a prestigious college (IISc) , My problem is i am losing interest in living my life

It started 5-6 years back, My parents r kind of people who wants me to become a big guy(in terms of money) irrespective of whether i am happy or not
    from very young age they were forcing me to study am not interested in, i am always into sports and dance traveling etc enjoy life like anything and do a simple job where i will get some money

i found one girl who i loved in my school and she said yes , by the way I am not a bad looking guy who drinks smokes etc so i was happy.

But i knew my parents will not allow me to marry her since she is from other cast and they wanted me to become a big guy study in IITs etc so i thought of writing GATE and one it for all when ill give them what they want they will listen to me and i stopped playing dancing and started studying rigorously .

Meanwhile i told my gf to wait for some time (this happened in 3rd yr of my engg.)
    when ill crack gate we will hang out together with no issues so we were talking less and meeting less.

So i prepared for 2 yrs and i got IISC my parents were happy and i went Back to my gf saying i have done it now there is no problem
    Then she replied "you will get a better girl than me i think we should move on" , By the way I am not a bad looking guy who drinks smokes etc .
    After that i tried to convince her so many times but she said No she don't reply to my msgs calls etc.

Now my parents also expect that i will earn more than one lakh per month Since i am studying in IISc.

Ultimately, after my gf left i don't like doing anything at all my parents also dont understand they think i am stupid.

Now i don't feel like doing anything playing dance doesn't excite me at all because in finding happiness i think i became lost and alone.

what should i do??

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Well, you know, you have a lot going for you. you're a bright guy with super career prospects, are gifted, good looking and have a nice family.
    Ya, things haven't worked out in your love life, but although it may not seem so at the moment, that's not such a bad scene. You will get over it if you allow yourself to. What you will never get over is if you let your life go by without trying to get back on your feet.
    Give yourself a few days to nurse your heart and then pull your socks up! the hurt may not go away, but at least you'll get on with life!

See a psychiatrist. Also gain some perspective. Prestige doesn't just lie with the colleges, but the attendees.

there are two issues you talk about -
    1) you did not want to pursue higher studies but doing it because parents forced you
    2) your gf left blaming you by saying you are over-qualified for her

these are two completely separate issues, do not mix these two issues.

by mixing them, you are blaming your parents for your gf loss. let me explain - if there was a guy who wanted to do higher studies and his gf left for same reason, who would he blame - himself? no. your gf left because she does not like you that much or she is stupid. if someone really likes other person, they wont leave giving immature excuses.

regarding issue 1, yes your parents forced you. but fact of the matter is that you are now into the course. i dont see any point leaving mid-way. that would ruin your life. complete your study, get a good job and move out. once you leave your parents, you can decide what to do with your life.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

SB Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hii ,

I am 24 yrs old guy doing my masters from a prestigious college (IISc) , My problem is i am losing interest in living my life

It started 5-6 years back, My parents r kind of people who wants me to become a big guy(in terms of money) irrespective of whether i am happy or not
    from very young age they were forcing me to study am not interested in, i am always into sports and dance traveling etc enjoy life like anything and do a simple job where i will get some money

i found one girl who i loved in my school and she said yes , by the way I am not a bad looking guy who drinks smokes etc so i was happy.

But i knew my parents will not allow me to marry her since she is from other cast and they wanted me to become a big guy study in IITs etc so i thought of writing GATE and one it for all when ill give them what they want they will listen to me and i stopped playing dancing and started studying rigorously .

Meanwhile i told my gf to wait for some time (this happened in 3rd yr of my engg.)
    when ill crack gate we will hang out together with no issues so we were talking less and meeting less.

So i prepared for 2 yrs and i got IISC my parents were happy and i went Back to my gf saying i have done it now there is no problem
    Then she replied "you will get a better girl than me i think we should move on" , By the way I am not a bad looking guy who drinks smokes etc .
    After that i tried to convince her so many times but she said No she don't reply to my msgs calls etc.

Now my parents also expect that i will earn more than one lakh per month Since i am studying in IISc.

Ultimately, after my gf left i don't like doing anything at all my parents also dont understand they think i am stupid.

Now i don't feel like doing anything playing dance doesn't excite me at all because in finding happiness i think i became lost and alone.

what should i do??
    your thoughts look incoherent...
    note down your problems...solve one by one...
    you are not the first to face problems with love and career...
    be focused..stay strong and move on...
    if you want to get a simple job and travel, no one should be stopping you unless financial situation of your family is not well..