Thread: Need suggestions on my career

New Born

Default Need suggestions on my career

Hi, I am an engineering graduate and have also done masters in International Business. I have a total of 3.5 years of experience in Market Research/Advisory....however, right from the start of my career, I have been interested in Supply chain. I was working in one of the Big 4's but decided to quit it and pursue my dream of supply chain. I enrolled for a US based certification. However, post the completion, I am not able to find a suitable job, as my prior experience adds no value or very little value to the jobs I am applying for....should I go back to basics and start my career from the beginning..? Or continue looking for a right opportunity (have already for roughly six months)...?

Start from where you left. This certification was a mistake. The way you said "US based" indicates you need help. There is no such thing in "US based" certifications that make you raise your expectations.

I have gone through this phase in my career. You have essentially two options -
    1) Start in supply chain from beginning. You might have to do some internships, networking, attend seminars, etc etc. This will take a lot of your time & efforts and you may end up being paid less than your current salary. You should be ready for that as you are there for passion, not money.

2) Be where you are. Most of the people dont get to do what they want to do. This is life, just accept it and be happy.

What you choose depends on your age. If you are young, go for 1. If you have plans to settle down, get married, buy house, family financial pressure, you might have to seriously look at option 2.

You can also go for a hybrid approach. e.g give yourself 6 months to try for option 1. in those 6 months, give your best. if it doesnt work, then forget about it and continue with what you are doing. one thing I will advice you is dont try to do both at the same time, thats not good and gives wrong impression to potential employers.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

New Born

http://froheweihnachtenneujahr2017.de/
    http://www.froheweihnachtsbilder2016.com/
    Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

watch 3 ideots .............