Thread: She's Punjabi; I'm Telugu

Unregistered

Default She's Punjabi; I'm Telugu

We have been in a relationship for around 20 months and we are far away from each other. She is a North indian and me a telugu boy. We love so much,but her papa has arranged for her marriage last month. Since we decided to go by her parents way, she dint tell about engagement before. After engaged, she cried long and said please come soon or i cant live. She said the entire thing to the new man and all her relatives. That new man now asks me to interfere and marry her as we had all between us. Her dilemma is whether to live with me or marry the new guy. Wat is the solution ...pls help. parents are ignorant due to cultural differences.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, if she's divided between you and the new guy as you call him, even though he has freed her from the engagement, then clearly there's a divide in her mind. That's actually for her to resolve and she has to make that choice. Since she has told him about you she is committed to you, but then she's still divided, right?
    In fact, the parents need to be told only if she makes a choice to be with you.
    So, its really for her to resolve this. The whole situation has come about because she did not tell her folks earlier. That will have to be done if she wants to be with you, right?

SB Addict

What is the point in getting married when you are going to live in the US and she will live in Canada?

Ask her to marry the "New guy"

i do not believe in cultural difference what really matters is love. If you would talk with each other's family and try to make them understand I'm sure they will eventually agree. It might take time to get the blessing but it's not impossible! Love conquers all

BC What is your question? Is the query for her or yourself? if you love each other so much that you can overcome the culture thing, then tell her to marry the "old piece". if not, then marry the "new piece"
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Let her marry whoever she wants. You two are not meant for each other. Also, north and south Indians dont mix well, because one party uses spoon for eating rice and other just their hands. This was just an illusion that you both had. Dont talk to her again, block her on social media and change your number.

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Same old cultural bullshit hindering relationships.... I'm glad this cultural differences exists only among civilians and not the army... For them there is no north or south of India.... Or probably it would be lot better if people would just surpass all such trivial notions of caste, creed and be just human... Punjabi, sindhi, marwadi, wahabi, sunni, black or white or brown... Kabira tere sansar mein bhaanti bhaanti ke log....
    The characters in Ramayana seemed inspirational when I was a kid.
    Growing up made me realize, only Kumbhakaran had his life perfectly sorted out.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

to kiya huwa
    go for it