Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mumbai utterly disappoints.

Banned

Unhappy Mumbai utterly disappoints.

I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

Attached Images Attached Images

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. What you find beautiful, people can find that disgusting and ugly. What do you want from this section?
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain.

.... now how u want us to help you ... kindly clarify.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

SB Addict

Which is precisely why you need to move to a place called Goomudipoondi. People are extremely intelligent, the roads are clean, there is no corruption, everything is digital and people aer beautiful. Food is awesome and nobody is blood thirsty as the entire population is vegetarian.

Welcome to paradise

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

What do you want us to do? Make Mumbai as per your concept?
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Beauty is in the eye of beholder. No city in this world is great if the dwellers dont believe in it. You are depressed, I bet you hate every other thing in your life and around you. See a shrink, probably a one who was born and raised in Mumbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
    I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

Perhaps that's the reason why 99% of Bollywood's content is crap.

New Born

its ur attitude which matters.. with your attitude I am sure you will even feel heaven as a SHithole !!!!

Banned

After the Mumbai visit I developed a dislike for the songs I loved before because those songs were made there.
    Last edited by Ambernath; 19-12-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Banned

During my visit:

Banned

Meanwhile someone concurred:

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore112 View Post
    Im on my first visit to mumbai..being shown the place around by my friends.. while i agree with you on the food that its not as great compared to a lot of the other places i have been and not to mention the price is nowhere near what the quality of the food should dictate..Other than that so far ive seen a whole range of women from super ugly to super gorgeous.. the night life is awesome.. the same as what i saw in bangalore if not better..the rest of what you said is common for most parts of india..not that all people are corrupt and blood thirsty demons..lol..but they are always looking for a way to make some quick bucks..though on the whole with the right group of friends you can have an amazing time in mumbai..

Banned

Can Mumbai boast of Calcutta like greatness? Big cities produce great technical geniuses. Calcutta has produced some and is closely associated with some scientists like Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Prafulla Chandra Ray, Amar Gopal Bose, Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri etcetera. Now, pray someone tell me. Of whom can 'Mumbai' be proud of?

Banned

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ambernath View Post
    People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons.
    Interesting trivia: The latest local trains there produced a new kind of sound which I think was not there when I used to live there. Anyway, it was as if the trains gave appropriate background music for the criminal ambiance of the whole place.

P.S.: You should hear it to appreciate the appropriateness.
    Last edited by Ambernath; 25-12-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Lol....you dont deserve to live anywhere in India if you dont like Mumbai...seriously you a 'Shit' ...

New Born

What do you want us to do? :O)