Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gossip of the week~ Demonetisation

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default Gossip of the week~ Demonetisation

Hi friends !!

first of all happy new year to all of you

though it has not started well for me as my mother's wrist fractured and she went for surgery on 31st itself and our new year plan Pakage (at Jim Corbett)cancelled .but it all ok now

since we all faced a tough decision by our PM ,closing of 500/1k currency ,
    There should be all kind of experience with everyone.
    how much money you had/deposited..troubles related to it ..what you have observed on streets /with neighbours /relatives ..your views about demonitization etc etc

so so frnds jump in to open your heart here
    Thank you bala

One interesting thing heard

My distant cousin's inlaws family found few cr cash in cupboard of fatherinlaw(he is no more).

whole family of 6 brothers have no bank account they all do business and money they keep it at home since time immemorial.

Very surprising fact for me they in this age also ppl don't have account while living in a big city :/
    Last edited by basanti<<<; 07-01-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Thank you bala

ab aap k paas kitna hai
    Change Your Think

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    One interesting thing heard

My distant cousin's inlaws family found few cr cash in cupboard of fatherinlaw(he is no more).

whole family of 6 brothers have no bank account they all do business and money they keep it at home since time immemorial.

Very surprising fact for me they in this age also ppl don't have account while living in a big city :/
    how's her fracture now ...hope she is recovering.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by me-jon View Post
    ab aap k paas kitna hai
    i have one 500 rs note (old) ..that note is of white strip so not accepted by bank ..what about you?
    Thank you bala

Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    how's her fracture now ...hope she is recovering.
    Stiches will cut in few days ..and after light plaster ..
    Right now good
    Thank you bala

Stiches will cut in few days ..and after light plaster ..
    Right now good
    मे भगवान जी से प्राथना करता हू की जल्दी स्वस्थ हो जाय
    Change Your Think

Hi Basu.....hope ur mom is better now....guess she fell down on her hand, my mom also broke her knee cap for second time last year......takes time to recover at this age.....have to take care a lil more .....my prayers for her speedy recovery

Demonetization.....went off smoothly for me....went to bank after a week....jumped the lane....it wasnt long anyhow...

But the gentleman in front was carrying 5.5 lacs cash.....and when his turn came up it turned out it wasnt his money.....he tried giving lame excuses, bhaiya bahar gaye hain etc, to which the branch manager said.....koi baat nahi aapke paas december tak ka time hai.....sabko samajh mein aaya ki kuch to jhol tha.....:-))

but now even as i talk to anyone abt it.......most ppl agree that it was indeed a good and bold decision....
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

Dactar :) Lieutenant-Colonel Neha1's Avatar

My dad is bank manager... and he is facing quite hard time in managing this whole crisis. On personal front I faced no difficulty. Rest this step of modi took life of few people including bank managers who suffered heart attack due to stress. So don't appreciate this step of modi for this reason.
    Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

I'm not going to say it was entirely a good decision or entirely a bad decision....I'm not gonna do the NaMo NaMo dance...There are Pros and Cons...

Pros:
    -Ppl who were full of black money got screwed...which is great
    -Kashmir situation got little better
    -Lack of cash forced people to go cashless which a good step towards going completely Digital with money

Cons:
    -Good Idea, bad implementation....You can keep saying that this was taken as a sudden decision to avoid a leak but still a problem is a problem...Ppl had to stand in queues for hours and some ppl died too.....
    -Lot of Businesses getting effected
    -Going Cashless is cool but you gotta have such equipment in every shop....
    -2000 note : Hard to get Change for this....even 1000 note had the same issue....

Although right now its not much of an issue, cash is available in ATMs now but there are still places where its not....One definite step that at least the educated Indians should take is start using plastic money wherever they can....Whether its cards, PayTM, etc. This is not for Modi or Digital India....its much much convenient and I'm telling this by personal experience when I was struggling to get cash......I still use cashless payment wherever possible....
    I Hope They Remember You...

i have one 500 rs note (old) ..that note is of white strip so not accepted by bank ..what about you?
    donate now

daan karo our ho jao free mind ok
    Change Your Think

Quote Originally Posted by Neha1 View Post
    My dad is bank manager... and he is facing quite hard time in managing this whole crisis. On personal front I faced no difficulty. Rest this step of modi took life of few people including bank managers who suffered heart attack due to stress. So don't appreciate this step of modi for this reason.
    हर अच्छे कार्य मे समस्या जरूर होती है
    पर कुछ तो अच्छा भी हो रहा है
    मेरे परम मित्र नेहा जी

आप भी मन से सहमत होंगी

शायद
    Change Your Think

कोई
    hai .
    Change Your Think

SB Guru Major

There are lots of people having black money...big or small...

Almost every trader, businessman, politicians, builders.....

Except Agriculturalist (whose income is exempt, so no chance of creating black money), Salaries employees whose tax is deducted at source and persons not earning anything...(obviously)

What really happened after initial shock?
    Govt declared limit of Rs. 2.50 lacs for non inquiry in saving accounts and Rs. 12.50 for current accounts (Remember, this limit is only for Banks to not to send details of these accounts through AIR (Annual Information Returns). but not exempted from investigation if found by other leads.
    So, people thought that its safe to deposit Rs. 2.50 lacs in every account. Those who were holding small unaccounted money, deposited in their own and family members accounts.
    Those who were holding higher amounts, say above 20-25 lacs..have to use some friends and distant relatives..
    More high amount holders say Rs. 1 cr or above, have obviously greater contacts everywhere, picked some close relatives, friends etc and given them task to park Rs. 1 cr each.. These middlemen used their contacts to distribute this cash for deposit..
    Commission got by account holder was nearly 20-25%, where middlemen earned 5-10%..
    These amounts to be returned in 6 months to 1 year..
    One person known to me deposited Rs 10 lacs in his family members accounts, at 20% commission. He don't know the real owner.
    Some people deposited cash taken from others in their loan account, in the misconception that its safer. (actually limit of Rs. 2.50 lacs for non inquiry is applicable to all accounts except current accounts)...
    Everyone know about Jan Dhan accounts..

Petrol pumps, hospitals where old notes were accepted, used this opportunity to earn some extra. Like at a Petrol Pump, 100 people fill the petrol in motor cycles, more than half were giving Rs. 100 -200. While depositing, those were exchanged by Petrol Pumps for Rs 500/1000 notes at commission.

In our city, most of big traders sell by proper invoice. But, in many markers, specially Delhi side, people pay by cash, invoice is thrown in dustbin.
    These buyers forced the sellers to accept old notes, otherwise threatened not to make payment for 2-3 months.

This is what I actually experienced. There are many issues.
    Scheme would have given great results if it was implemented properly. But, due to need of maintaining secrecy, Govt has little choice to discuss with more people.
    Govt forgot that even if its black money or grey money, earned by whatever source, is hard earned money. No one is going to throw it in river or burn it, except Govt officer or politicians who want to play safe or don't believe others..Every one will try to save his money, even by giving small part of it. Many bank officers helped it and the result is not as expected, at least for me...

💥💥💥💥💥💥 Lieutenant General hotspicyhot's Avatar

Not much affected ... But two times I can't get change for 2K note But managed anyhow... (by money ordering myself for 1900/- ) !

Very good move by Modi Ji to save expected collapse of financial crisis on 2022 !
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.