Thread: Over weight, Low self esteem, Depressed

rmhyd

Question Over weight, Low self esteem, Depressed

Hi mam,
    i am 28 F married. i've been overweight by 25kgs. And i've been trying to lose weight since 5years. i didn't know that the main cause of my weight increase was a bad diet as i've been staying at home since 5years. I initially thought lack of exercise was the main cause as i am a house wife since 5years now. Last year i followed a diet program because of which i lost 7-8kgs but then things went bad and i fell sick and all i blamed was the diet which was not ofcourse and went back to my old eating habits. i really have a very bad habit of eating when i am not doing any work, i mean i eat when i watch tv or when i am bored and its mostly junk food nothing healthy. i've been having this habit since my childhood. But somehow did not put on much weight then,but the last 5 years are just horrible. i am unable to accept myself the way i look. i don't have confidence to do anything. i want to learn something which helps to improve my career but i don't have any confidence at all. like my diet has failed i have a fear that i will fail in everything i do. i am very much afraid just to take the first step in doing anything. even if i take it within few days/months i'll start convincing myself that i am going to fail and i'm giving up.i have been putting off a lot of things linking to this weight issue. like i've been convincing myself that i will first loose weight and then do anything regarding my career or have children, but nothings happening. i am just in a place where i am 5years ago. i've been living overseas since 5 years and i don't have any friends or family whom i can share with and who can understand my problem. i am just drowning and these days all i think is negative because i feel i am fit for nothing.
    Can you please tell me what should i do? Can i solve my problem or do i have to consult anyone

Solution is in first half of your query, stop eating junk food. There is no magic solution that is going to help you. Its not easy and initial efforts can be tough. But once you are used to it, you will start enjoying the process. All the best.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

SB Legend Brigadier General

Nice ...........

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

Thankfully over weight is an issue that we can solve ourselves BUT ONLY IF YOU TRY TO MAKE AN EFFORT.
    1. Have some self control when it comes to having food. Avoid junk.
    2. Join a gym. Just dieting won't do any help. You'll have to make efforts to achieve the goal. Remember there are millions of people who have been there, done that. You aren't the only person to face the issue. No matter how hard one try to control diet, the stubborn fat won't go away. You need to work out and do some cardio to achieve the goal. You can't just sit there and wish if magic happens. You need to work for it and do something. Don't tell me that you can't go to the gym just because you don't have any company. Don't even tell me the excuse log kya kahenge because you obviously mentioned that you live abroad and nobody is going to give a mdamn about what you are doing. I live in a small town in India, I go the gym and I don't have any company either. I go alone, I work out alone. So if I can do that, you definitely can.
    3. Try to go for running every morning. You don't have to run 1 km a day. Just go for some 100 m on day 1 and gradually increase the distance.
    4. If you like dance, join some zumba class. They have weight loss programs as well.
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Why you lose self esteem for being overweight? Make it your strength.
    You never know what you can become ..