Thread: Unable to cope with life problems

Unregistered

Default Unable to cope with life problems

Hi
    I am 29 years old unmarried woman. I have a good degree but unfortunately i am struggling to get employed after I quit my job 3 years ago. My boyfriend is 4 years older then me. We belong to different castes but same religion. We met in college. He started his business and struggling to make ends meet but he has great potential. His father is financial very strong though. We had a simple plan. He will convince his parents for marriage then we would move on to mine. But his father was so reluctant that he called my father and refused to give his blessings. Now 2 years later, my parents are looking for prospects and his parents are still reluctant. To add on to my misery, my mother was just diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment. This whole situation has sunk me into depression. I am unable to share my plight with anybody. I feel helpless and defeated. I want to marry him but cant fight with my parents.
    How do I fight this urge of ending my life. I also want to know how do you manipulate marriage prospects into rejecting you as it will bring us more time to convince his parents and then mine. Please help me.

It is very unfortunate that all these tragedies have happened with you. But hang on, life will be better, things WILL improve. Tackle one problem at a time. Regarding marriage, you and your bf need to choose - do you want to be with each other or do you want to make your parents happy? You cannot get both, choose one. Once you make a choice, then dont look back. Regarding other things, there is not much you can do. If mother comes through this, then well and good. If not, then make your mother's last days happy. All the best.
    Ek din sher banke jeene se behtar hai do din sher banke jiyo...

SB Legend Brigadier General

Ooohhhhhh.......

« rahmaniac » Lieutenant-Colonel ariesgirl's Avatar

You have 2 choices. Either marry your boyfriend or leave him for your family. Think about what is going to keep you happy for the rest of your life. Think whether you will be happy if you marry someone else. Even if you and your boyfriend is financially unstable, you can get married now and then face things as they come. Life will go on some way or the other. You'll overcome financial difficulties and indifferences with the family. Things will eventually get better. We've often seen stone cold hearts families melting after marriage. It's time to take a decision and the call is yours.
    Give people roses while they can still smell them. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi
    I am 29 years old unmarried woman. I have a good degree but unfortunately i am struggling to get employed after I quit my job 3 years ago. My boyfriend is 4 years older then me. We belong to different castes but same religion. We met in college. He started his business and struggling to make ends meet but he has great potential. His father is financial very strong though. We had a simple plan. He will convince his parents for marriage then we would move on to mine. But his father was so reluctant that he called my father and refused to give his blessings. Now 2 years later, my parents are looking for prospects and his parents are still reluctant. To add on to my misery, my mother was just diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment. This whole situation has sunk me into depression. I am unable to share my plight with anybody. I feel helpless and defeated. I want to marry him but cant fight with my parents.
    How do I fight this urge of ending my life. I also want to know how do you manipulate marriage prospects into rejecting you as it will bring us more time to convince his parents and then mine. Please help me.
    first of all sorry for all your tragedies. i can understand what your going through. as rv rightly said tackle one problem at a time. what you should do now is nurse your mother to good health. in between u and bf start making efforts to materialize his venture. time will pass and good time will surely come.

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

prayer and faith in god is the only way to fight the urge of suicide. yes your situation is very tight and tough but remember we have people with much more problems they are still alive...

gather courage and face things as they come in life.... take your decision as per your strength you can endure...
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

Keep saying no to all the matches you get. Eventually things will turn out your way. Hope your mother feels better soon.
    You never know what you can become ..