Thread: Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in jail !!!

Post Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in jail !!!

A judge sentenced a tearful Paris Hilton to 45 days in jail Friday, ruling that the hotel heiress knowingly disobeyed the law and drove her car without a valid license while on probation for an earlier traffic offense.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer sternly rejected Hilton’s defence that she was misinformed about her license status and ordered the 26-year-old socialite to report to a county detention facility on June 5.

Hilton wept and her mother, Kathy, yelled at the prosecutor, ‘You’re pathetic,’ as the packed courtroom cleared.The stunning decision capped a two-hour hearing in which prosecutors argued that Hilton was thumbing her nose at the court and seeking to be placed above the law, while defence lawyers said she was being singled out for harsh treatment because of her celebrity.Taking the witness stand in her own defence, the star of the reality TV show ‘The Simple Life’ testified that she was unaware her driving privileges had been completely suspended at the time police stopped her and impounded her car on Feb. 27.Hilton said she had relied on information conveyed to her by her publicist, Elliot Mintz, who she said told her that she was permitted to drive for work-related reasons after the first 30 days of her license suspension late last November.But the judge said he disbelieved Hilton, declaring that the ‘smoking gun’ in the case was a notice she had received from a police officer, and had signed, during an earlier traffic stop in January.He said Hilton had ‘completely ignored’ that notice, which she had carried in her glove box for weeks, and another license suspension notice sent to her office address by the Department of Motor Vehicles that Hilton said she never saw.‘In my opinion, there’s not doubt that she knew that her license had been suspended,’ the judge said. ‘She doesn’t look at her mail, her personal assistant never goes through it either. ... I think she just wanted to disregard everything that was said and continued to drive no matter what.’In a final statement before she was sentenced, Hilton, dressed in a gray waist jacket, white blouse and black pants, her blond hair tied back in a pony tail, stood before the judge and denied that she sought to flout the law.‘I did what I was told. I would never drive just because I want to. I follow the law and I respect the law. From now on I want to pay complete attention to everything,’ she said. ‘I just want to say I’m sorry.’ But the judge was unmoved. ‘Probation is revoked -- 45 days in jail,’ he declared.Hilton’s lawyer Howard Weitzman, said afterward he would appeal to the judge and a higher court, if necessary, ‘to modify the sentence.’‘It is clear that she has been selectively targeted for prosecution for who she is,’ he told reporters outside the courthouse.Hilton had been placed on three years probation earlier this year for pleading no contest -- the equivalent of a guilty plea -- to alcohol-related reckless driving after a September 2006 arrest in Hollywood.She landed in hot water again in late February, when she was pulled over in West Hollywood for driving without headlights. Police impounded her car, a $190,000 blue Bentley, when they discovered she was driving on a suspended license.Hilton recently finished taping episodes for a fifth season of ‘The Simple Life,’ which returns to the airwaves later this month.

{Forum Emperor} Lieutenant General !! K A R A N !!'s Avatar

abbey issko to 45 days nahin 45 yrs. ke jail bhejna chahiye

"I can't escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground on which I stand !!!

"Tђモ MΘĐΞЯ@t◎Я"
    Smile It's the second best thing you can do with your lips !!!

twitter.com/dilmeer Major dilmir's Avatar

Wrong Section dear,

Moving to International Celeb.
    DILMEER.

SB ICON Colonel

it wud serve her right laws for everyone n i dont like her blaa

Quote Originally Posted by dilmir View Post
    Wrong Section dear,

Moving to International Celeb.
    sorry..........ok....

SB ICON Major General rikkuartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pyaremohan View Post
    sorry..........ok....
    Its all right.......

Just dont repeat it dude......

And by the way thankz for the info.......

I jus saw in tv that she was in a case.......

*****F e R n A n D o***** Captain lavan_joy's Avatar

On the 45th day, photographers will take some n-i-p slip or upskirt and a new thread will be posted here..ha ha...
    There is nothing more painful than the person whom you love is in your arms crying for the person whom she/he loves