Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An encyclopedia of International celebs- A Mega Thread!!

Default An encyclopedia of International celebs- A Mega Thread!!

Hey guys, this is the thread where m gonna b collecting n posting some important information about some of the most popular hollywood celebs. I wud try to maintain alphabetical order for my posts. All ur inputs and contribution wud b appreciated. So lets get started friends

Default Angelina jolie

Wud like to start wid arguably the most beautiful woman on this planet-Angelina jolie.

Date of Birth: 4 June 1975
    Place of Birth: Los Angeles, USA
    Height: 5' 7"
    Relations: Father: Jon Voight (actor); mother: Marcheline Bertrand (former actress); brother: James Haven Voight (director); husband: Billy Bob Thornton (actor, director, writer); ex-husband: Jonny Lee Miller (actor)
    Hair color: Dark Brown
    Eye color: Blue
    Sign: Sun in Gemini, Moon in Aries
    Education: Attended Lee Strasberg Theater Institute and New York University (majored in film)
    Career Start : Hackers

Biography

Angelina Jolie is intrigue. The gaze of her eyes command attention, and the twinkle they hide cause everyone who sees Jolie to look harder. There are very few actors who match her beauty - it is entirely unique. There are very few actors who match her intrigue - from her starring roles down to the smallest roles she's performed audiences wonder 'Who's that girl?'. There are very few actors who match her controversey - her speech at the Oscars thanking her brother launched rumors abound of their "romantic involvement." But most importantly, there are very few actors who match Angelina Jolie's raw talent. Three Golden Globes, one Oscar, and she's not even thirty yet.

Angelina Jolie is intrigue. The gaze of her eyes command attention, and the twinkle they hide cause everyone who sees Jolie to look harder. There are very few actors who match her beauty - it is entirely unique. There are very few actors who match her intrigue - from her starring roles down to the smallest roles she's performed, audiences wonder 'Who's that girl?'. There are very few actors who match her controversey - her speech at the Oscars thanking her brother launched rumors abound of their "romantic involvement." But most importantly, there are very few actors who match Angelina Jolie's raw talent. Three Golden Globes, one Oscar, and she's not even thirty yet.

By age 16, Angelina moved out ons her own and began modeling. She grabbed a few spots, and also had parts in music videos, most notably the Rolling Stones. She began film studies at the New York University (also where Adam Sandler had just graduated). She soon gave up on school and began working with the Met Theatre Group in Los Angeles. Angelina was not yet certain that acting was what she wanted out of life, but she definitely thought it sparked an interest. "I loved some kind of expression ... I'm very good at trying to explore different emotions and listen to people and feel things. That is an actor, I think."

By 1993, Angelina had decided to pursue acting full time. A forgetable first role in Cyborg II: Glass Shadow followed, but soon thereafter Angelina nabbed a role in Hackers, alongside Matthew Lillard and Jonny Lee Miller. The film got good reviews for Angelina, but incredibly bad reviews for the film. Regardless, Angelina got her first husband. She and Jonny Lee hit it off, and they married soon after. The wedding had Angelina wearing leather pants and a white t-shirt with her husband's name written in blood on her back. But, blood apparently wasn't thicker than water. Within a year, the two were separated, but their divorce wasn't finalized until 2000.

A slew of underappreciated and impressive roles followed, most notably in the Joyce Carol Oates adaptation of Foxfire, a film about females rising up to the taunts and repression of their peers.

But then came George Wallace. Gary Sinise played a large role in the film which received a great deal of critical acclaim, as did Angelina. A Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress and an Emmy nomination later, and Angelina was suddenly the talk of the town. But it was her starring role in HBO's Gia (based on the life of model Gia Carangi) that skyrocketed her to success. The film was a huge hit, both with audiences and critics alike. Another Golden Globe, this for Best Actress, followed, as well as another Emmy nomination.

Pushing Tin, The Bone Collector, and Playing By Heart followed each receiving mixed reviews, but all coming back with one thing in common : Angelina was excellent. She carried both Pushing Tin and The Bone Collector, and her and Ryan Phillippe were simply captivating in Playing By Heart. But, it was Girl, Interrupted, a film that was supposed to relaunch Winona Ryder, that in fact catapulted Angelina into superstardom. She won an Oscar, stole the film out from under Winona, and was quickly established as the actress in Hollywood.

But with fame, also comes the scrutiny of the public eye. Her devotion to her brother lead to ludicrous rumors of romantic involvement which undermined everything beautiful about her relationship with her brother (James Haven). Then, she married actor Billy Bob Thorton (formerly involved with Laura Dern) after an alleged mental institution stay.

Regardless, there are very few actors who command the attention, respect, and awe of entire audiences. Angelina is an actress for the ages, and personal problems or not, one of the most interesting and real actors in Hollywood.

Biography written by Jeremy Falcone

Recently appeared in
    1 Alexander (2004) .... Olympias
    2 Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) .... Capt. Francesca 'Franky' Cook
    3 Shark Tale (2004) (voice) .... Lola
    4 Taking Lives (2004) .... Illeana
    5 Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003) .... Lara Croft
    ... aka Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Die Wiege des Lebens (Germany)

Trivia

1. Niece of Chip Taylor (2000) One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People She is extremely close to and protective of her brother Jamie. He often accompanies her to awards shows, and she used his name, or at least his memory, as inspiration in the "Where's Jamie?!" scene in Girl, Interrupted.

2. Has the letter 'H' tattooed on the inside of her left wrist, which is a reference to two people she is close to who have this letter in their names: her brother, James Haven, and Timothy Hutton. She got the tatoo when she was dating Timothy but since their break up she now says it's only for James.

3. Won Best Supporting Actress March 26, 2000 for "Girl Interupted"

4. Has a tattoo of the Tennesee Williams quote, "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages, " on her left forearm, which she got with her mother present.

5. Has a tatoo of a dragon on her upper right arm Dated Timothy Hutton (1999)

6. Jolie is actually her middle name

7. Left handed.

8. Was married to Johnny Lee Miller in a black leather pants and a white shirt.

9. On the white shirt she painted her husband's name in her own blood (across the back.).

10. Tattoos include the Japanese sign for death, two pointy black American Indian symbols, and a large black cross.

11. Mother is Marcheline Bertrand Father is Jon Voight Majored in film at New York University Angelina collects knives and has an interest in mortuary science.

12. 2000) Angelina and her brother to whom she is very close publicly spoke out to deny false rumors that the two were having an incestuous love affair.

13. Sister of James Haven (I) Had childhood dream of becoming a funeral director

14. Named the world's sexiest woman in Swedish magazine Café

15. Angelina has the tattoo of the dragon at her waist (see photos in May 2000 Movieline).

Personal quotes

"Therapy? I don't need that. The roles that I choose are my therapy."

"Because I am a bad girl, people always automatically think that I am a bad girl. Or that I carry a dark secret with me or that I'm obsessed with death. The truth is that I am probably the least morbid person one can meet. If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do."

"You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; shit happens."

"And my dad, you're a great actor but you're a better father."

Contact Angelina

1901 Ave. of the Stars # 680 Los Angeles, CA 90067-6008
    Last edited by real_adonis; 17-05-2007 at 12:36 PM.

SB ICON Colonel

aww nice idea can we also participate ?
    Last edited by real_adonis; 07-05-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Default aaliyah haughton

"Well, I think that the image is a part of me. I wear the baggy pants , the hats, the whole nine. And you know, I may add a little for the excitement and the intrigue in the videos, but my family has told me that little air of mystery that surrounds me is for real." -Aaliyah Haughton, on her image

Full Name: Aaliyah Dana Haughton
    Born: January 16,1979, Brooklyn, New York
    Height: 5' 7"
    Nationality: American
    Measurements: 32-24-34
    Education: Detroit High school of the performing arts (graduated with a 40 GPA)
    Marital Status: Single
    Father: Michael Haughton
    Mother: Diane Haughton
    Brother: Rashad
    Claim to fame: Album: Age Ain't Nothing But A Number (1994)

Aaliyah Haughton 1979-2001

The tragic death of Aaliyah Haughton struck on August 25th, in a small plane crash.

Biography
    Aaliyah Haughton was born on January 16, 1979 in Brooklyn, New York. At the age of five, her family moved to Detroit where she started what seemed to be a promising career. Only time would tell if this upcoming star would live up to that aspiration and her name; which means "highest, most exalted one" in Swahili. This bright and rising star started her career with a voice that could be compared to those of Toni Braxton and Janet Jackson.Aaliyah's talent was recognized at a young age when her mom secured the services of a voice teacher before the young girl even enrolled in school. Young Haughton spent her pre-teen years between singing in school plays and auditioning for various TV projects.

At the age of 9, she appeared on the television show Star Search where she sang My Funny Valentine as an homage to her mom. Just two years later, she went on a five-night stint singing with Gladys Knight's troupe in Las Vegas.

At this early stage in her career, Aaliyah already had relative success and some good connections to continue her rise to the top of Hollywod's fame. Her uncle Barry Hankerson was the CEO of the artist management company Blackground Enterprises.

In 1992, she met with R & B artist R. Kelly, who quickly took Aaliyah under his wing as they started working on various songs and recording projects. Aaliyah's debut album was launched in June of 1994. Titled Age Ain't Nothing But a Number, it topped the charts with the single Back and Forth, as well as with the remake of the Isley Brothers' hit At Your Best (You Are In Love) that reached the top five.

Rumors were saying that the young singer had something going on with Kelly, an allegation that both parties eventually denied. She toured the world pulling big crowds in Japan, Europe, South Africa and in the US. She decided to return home and pursue her studies in Performing Arts, while majoring in Dance.

Her time was devoted to performing as she made collaborative projects with Junior M.A.F.I.A., Kriss Kross, and she appeared on the Notorious B.I.G.'s video for One More Chance. She also recorded the sultry Are You Ready? for the Sunset Park soundtrack.

Aaliyah eventually decided to return to the studio to record her second album. She decided to surround herself with high-profiled artists, most notably Jermaine Dupri, Timbaland, and Slick Rick; which would obviously have for effect to spruce up her image.

Released in the summer of 1996, One in a Million brought Aaliyah to the next level in the industry standards, and she was not considered a side act anymore. She reached number one on the R & B singles chart with her single If Your Girl Only Knew. The album was certified double platinum after only ten months on the market, putting Aaliyah among the superstars of the music industry.

She was soon featured in Elle, Seventeen, and Cosmopolitan and turned her talent towards Hollywood when she recorded singles for the soundtracks for Dr. Doolittle and in Anastasia with the song Journey to the Past. She performed this last song at the Academy Awards being one of the youngest ever performers of an Oscar nominated song.

Romeo Must Die is her latest project, described by CosmoGirl! as a "hip-hop/kung-fu version of Romeo and Juliet". She co-stars alongside Hong Kong's action hero Jet Li, as the daughter of a mobster. The movie is doing relatively well, even though reviewers have had mixed feelings about the film.

She plans to release her third album by the end of the year 2000, and says she is pleased with the songs already recorded for it. At the age of twenty-one, she has already accomplished a lot in the showbiz industry. There is no question why Seventeen magazine has dubbed her as "Diva for the year 2000".

Recently appeared in

1. Queen of the Damned (2002) .... Akasha
    ... aka Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned (USA: complete title)
    2. Romeo Must Die (2000) .... Trish O'Day
    3. 'Romeo Must Die' Movie Special (2000) (TV) .... Performer

Trivia
    1. Enjoys reading novels by Stephen King
    2. Auditioned for the Elton John Broadway Show AIDA
    3. Audtioned for a role on the television sitcom "Family Matters" (1989)
    (1999) chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21"
    4. Aaliyah is Arabic for "highest, most exalted one"
    5. Has 3 tattoos: her initial and a star on her hand, a music symbol on her ankle and a dove on her lower back
    6. (2000) Voted First Place by the readers of Black Men Magazine for "The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year."
    7. Performed with Gladys Knight at age eleven in Las Vegas.
    (July 17, 2001) Aaliyah's self-titled long awaited third album is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwincess Bollywood View Post
    aww nice idea can we also participate ?
    Ofcourse!! u r most welcome! But kindly try to keep the things organised

New Born

great going.
    i wnt full vital stats of hilary duff with bio.
    waiting!!!

Default Adriana Sklenarikova

Height: 5' 10"
    Legs: 48.5"
    Size: 87-59-90 cm
    Hair: blond
    Eye: blue
    Born: 1971, Slovakia
    Agency: Next
    Nationality: Slovakian
    Husband:Christian Karembeu
    Contracts past and present: Playtex - Makers of Wonderbra, Peroni Beer (Italian)
    Model for: Laura Biagiotti, Vivienne Westwood and Calzedonia
    Spokesperson for: Zoom, an online shopping service

personal quotes
    "I kissed the world cup. It was so heavy but wonderfull because I entered a world"

Biography
    Adriana Sklenarikova was born in Slovakia in 1971. She was born in a financially strapped country, and coming to a new world of fashion was a big change for her. As she says:"I've changed my life from black to white. There was nothing like fashion in Slovakia. I would like to keep working in this amazing world after the ending of my modeling career. I appreciate the proposal of the Italian movie director Carlo Vanzina for making a movie, but I think that was too involving for me, I'm too busy now. I also think that a model should not diversify too much her objectives."

With her incredible beauty and 6'0" frame, she was instantly snatched up by Next modeling agency in New York, and Elite Modeling in Milan. Though her big break came after being chosen as the new Wonder *** girl (a highly visible contract that will add incredible exposure for her, in more ways than one), Adriana has been in plenty of advertisement campaigns.

The companies she has represented include Argentovivo, Byron Lars, Laura Biagiotti, Levante Hosiery, List, Love Sex Money, Onyx Jeans, Peroni Beer, Red Point, and Roberto Cavalli. It was her campaign for Peroni Beer that really launched her career, and helped pave the road for her current success, by highlighting her as the ultimate beer woman.

Adriana has just signed a two-year contract with Wonder ***, and is now part of the exclusive Victoria's Secret modeling team, a move that has spelled considerable success for other major super models such as Tyra Banks, and Daniela Pestova.

Adriana is now happily living in Madrid, with her soccer player husband Christian Karembeu. The marriage was a major event in Spain in December of 1998, since Adriana is one of the best known models in Europe, and her husband is the star of one of the country's leading soccer teams.

Recently appeared in

1. Trois petites filles (2004) .... Laetitia
    2. Jak básn*ci neztrácej* nadeji (2004) (as Adriana Sklenar*ková) .... Madame Krásná

Trivia
    Husband: Christian Karembeu (Real Madrid Football Player)

Contact Adriana
    Karembeu Adriana
    Agence Next
    188, rue de Rivoli
    75001 Paris
    France

SB ICON Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by real_adonis View Post
    Ofcourse!! u r most welcome! But kindly try to keep the things organised
    aww but im noticing you're doing in alphabetical order .. i don't want to disturb it i'll just come and read

Hi Dude

You really deserve to get reputed on first site of this post
    Last edited by im_online; 07-05-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Default Ali landry

Date of Birth: 21 July 1973
    Place of Birth: Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, USA
    Eye color: Brown
    Hair color: Brown
    Height: 5'8"
    Sign: Cancer
    Career Startoritos 3D snacks,1998
    Favorite Music: 70's Rock
    Favorite Musicians: Harry Connick Jr. and Aaron Neville
    Favorite Actresses: Sandra Bullock, Susan Sarandon, Julia Roberts
    Favorite Actors: Anthony Hopkins, Sean Connery,Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Mel Gibson
    Favorite TV Show: Oprah

personal quote
    "Sex outdoor is great. I'm not an exhibitionist, but I love the possibility that people might be able to see"

Biography

Wherever Ali Landry pops up, there's water involved. The 24-year-old Cajun was raised in seaside Breaux Bridge, La., the Crawfish Capital of the World. Once she was all grown-up in an orange one-piece swimsuit, she paddled off with the Miss USA 1996 crown.She has even done some laps on TV in what else other than Sunset Beach, and her tidal turn on the small screen took place in a laundromat. During last January's Super Bowl, she wiped out viewers in an ad for Doritos Puffs: Two cool dudes try to impress her with their prowess at catching the chips in their mouths, but Landry, who studied tap, ballet, and gymnastics for 15 years, outdoes them with a series of splits and leaps performed with a man-melting smile.

Her commercial costar Sean P. Hayes says, "We were shooting all day, and a lot of Doritos were consumed. I've never seen anyone look better with orange powder on her face."

The 5'8" Landry, who lives in L.A. and dates Phoenix Cardinals quarterback Stoney Case, still can't believe her impact. "It's absolutely crazy," she says, citing her imperfect vision ("I'm almost blind without my glasses"), and her bunions (she kept her favorite tennis shoes through a growth spurt).

Even her best beauty secret is low-priced. "I buy this teeth-bleaching stuff at Target and do it myself," she says. Her former apartment mate Brian Edwards swears it works: "When Ali smiled, I would say, 'Stop it, you're blinding me!'"

Recently appeared in

1. "The Oprah Winfrey Show" playing "Herself" 3 March 2004
    2. "The Sharon Osbourne Show" playing "Guest Co-Host" 16 February 2004
    3. "Pyramid" playing "Herself" 12 February 2004
    4. "Pyramid" playing "Herself" 10 February 2004
    5. "The Sharon Osbourne Show" playing "Herself" 6 January 2004

Trivia
    -Miss Louisiana USA 1996.
    -Miss USA 1996.
    -Borrowed a dress for the Miss USA pageant from photographer Kay Ouzts.
    -Named by "People" magazine as one of 50 most beautiful people in the world 1998
    -Graduated from Cecelia High School in Cecelia, Louisiana in 1991.
    -Since her Doritos ad (aired during Super Bowl 1998) she had male fans toss --Doritos bags like footballs to her.
    -Member of Kappa Delta Sorority
    -She met Mario López when he emceed the 1998 Miss Teen USA pageant and she was a commentator. He was instantly smitten. Though she was hesitant, he persisted.
    -Engaged to actor/TV host Mario López (summer 2003).
    -She is from the southwestern region of Louisiana, also referred to as "Acadiana"; this area is known as the "heart of Cajun country".
    -Measurements are 36C-24-34

Contact Ali Landry

Fan Mail Address:
    Ali Landry c/o William Morris Agency
    151 El Camino Dr.
    Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Quote Originally Posted by im_online View Post
    Hi Dude

You R really deserve to get reputed on first site of this post

Thnx for appreciating!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pwincess Bollywood View Post
    aww but im noticing you're doing in alphabetical order .. i don't want to disturb it i'll just come and read

SB ICON Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by real_adonis View Post

Aaliyah Haughton 1979-2001

The tragic death of Aaliyah Haughton struck on August 25th, in a small plane crash.

At the age of 9, she appeared on the television show Star Search where she sang My Funny Valentine as an homage to her mom. Just two years later, she went on a five-night stint singing with Gladys Knight's troupe in Las Vegas.

In 1992, she met with R & B artist R. Kelly, who quickly took Aaliyah under his wing as they started working on various songs and recording projects. Aaliyah's debut album was launched in June of 1994. Titled Age Ain't Nothing But a Number, it topped the charts with the single Back and Forth, as well as with the remake of the Isley Brothers' hit At Your Best (You Are In Love) that reached the top five.

She was soon featured in Elle, Seventeen, and Cosmopolitan and turned her talent towards Hollywood when she recorded singles for the soundtracks for Dr. Doolittle and in Anastasia with the song Journey to the Past. She performed this last song at the Academy Awards being one of the youngest ever performers of an Oscar nominated song.

Romeo Must Die is her latest project, described by CosmoGirl! as a "hip-hop/kung-fu version of Romeo and Juliet". She co-stars alongside Hong Kong's action hero Jet Li, as the daughter of a mobster. The movie is doing relatively well, even though reviewers have had mixed feelings about the film.

Recently appeared in

2. Romeo Must Die (2000) .... Trish O'Day

Trivia
    1. Enjoys reading novels by Stephen King
    4. Aaliyah is Arabic for "highest, most exalted one"
    5. Has 3 tattoos: her initial and a star on her hand, a music symbol on her ankle and a dove on her lower back
    6. (2000) Voted First Place by the readers of Black Men Magazine for "The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year."
    she's got lovely name, dis afternoon i gonna watch Romeo must die, and it's sad to see dat such a great woman died

i'm impressed dat she started her career so soon it seems to be typical in the usa

aapne jo post kia he woh lassi he

is pe thoda malai maar denge plz

malai hai-----------------------------------

in details ke sath unka hot pics in zipped format

dont wory its just a request

but u karry on

Default Ali Larter

Name: Alison Gertrude Larter
    Date of Birth: 28 February 1976
    Place of Birth: Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA
    Nickname: Allegra Coleman
    Height: 5'8"
    Sign: Pisces
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Waist: 24"
    Hips: 34"
    Shoe: 8-8 1/2
    Dress: 4-6

personal quote
    I keep seeing the Backstreet Boys on TV and all their fans and I'm thinking, I was one of those girls when i was little. Ohmigod."

Biography
    New Jersey native Ali Larter began her career as a model at the age of 13 before moving to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career. She started off on stage and guest starring on numerous television shows, including Chicago Hope, Just Shoot Me, and Dawson's Creek before landing her first film role in the independent feature Casanova Falling. But it was her role in Varsity Blues opposite James Van Der Beek that really caught the attention of audiences.Her breakthrough role required her to wear a bikini made entirely out of whipped cream. It made an impression on Van Der Beek's character and quickly made an equally strong impression on casting directors. Larter soon found herself winning roles in several major projects over the course of 1999. First up was Drive Me Crazy with Melissa Joan Hart, in which Larter played Adrian Grenier's girlfriend. She followed that up with The House on Haunted Hill, in which she played one of several victims (including Taye Diggs) who are offered a million dollars to spend the night in a haunted house.Larter's next major film role is in Final Destination with Devon Sawa and Kerr Smith. In it, she plays one of several passengers who disembark an airplane when one of them (Sawa) has a vision that the plane will crash. The plane does, but the victim's relief is short-lived.

Soon thereafter, one by one, they each start to die in mysterious ways. The film promises to be much more than just another horror film, particularly with its intriguing theme about fate and death. If the film does well, it could finally be the one that puts Ali Larter permanently on the list of sought-after young actresses.

Recently appeared in

1. Marigold: An Adventure in India (2004) (filming) .... Marigold
    2. A Lot Like Love (2005) (completed)
    3. Confess (2004) .... Olivia Averill
    4. 3-Way (2004) .... Isobel
    5. Final Destination 2 (2003) .... Clear Rivers
    ... aka Final Destination 2: You Can't Cheat Death Twice (UK: DVD box title)

Trivia

1. Close friend and former roommate of "Varsity Blues" co-star Amy Smart.
    2. Was part of a 1996 hoax by Esquire Magazine: they portrayed her as "Allegra Coleman, " a hot young star, in a parody of fluff journalism.