Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wellness Thread : The Male Pill !!!!!!

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default The Wellness Thread : The Male Pill !!!!!!

Read...and Post... All About New And Old Therapies, Health Capsules And News And Wellness In This Thread.

Default Yoga Is Indian!!!

Members of Parliament (MPs) on Tuesday slammed the US patenting authority for granting yoga-related copyrights to American companies, saying yoga is a part of Indian heritage.

Terming the whole exercise as preposterous, the MPs said yoga had originated in India.

Till date, the US Patent and Trademark Office has granted 150 yoga-related copyrights, 134 patents on yoga accessories and 2,315 yoga trademarks.

In response, the Indian government has set up a task force to create a database of yoga techniques in order to stop others from patenting the centuries-old knowledge.

“Patanjali’s Yog shastra was written more than 5,000 years ago. All the asanas (poses) practised today have been described in that. So that means, Yoga is an Indian product. Therefore the government should take immediate action against the US patenting yoga," said Vijay Kumar Malhotra, spokesperson of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

Old Sanskrit and Tamil texts, including ayurvedic remedies and hundreds of yogic poses, are in the process of being translated and stored digitally. The government is also cataloguing ayurvedic medicines.

This information will be made available in five languages so that patent offices around the world can access it and know that they originated in India.

"Yoga is not related to modern science. It was developed by hermits in our country. So, I think America cannot patent it. They must have got to know a few benefits of yoga, and got them patented," said Swami Adityanath, another BJP MP.

Yoga guru,Swami Ramdev claims that yoga can cure illnesses ranging from cancer to AIDS through breathing exercises and traditional medicines.

~Dangerous & Mysterious~ Colonel xavier's Avatar

there is a same thread,
    running at the moment regarding Yoga!
    Some changes are necessary!

SB Legend Brigadier General Fastidious's Avatar

Default 8 Glasses of Water a day!!

I've read and heard a zillion times that we should have minimum 8 glasses of water per day to keep our body well hydrated.... But i don't feel so thirsty, i hardly consume 4-5 glasses that too by reminding myself to drink water...

Wish i could do something about it..

Any solution anyone?

i wonder hw many of the supporters of patenting of yoga and also protestors even do yoga!!!!
    lol!!!!
    everything is amoney making racket and atrociously wats so original about a new yoga that it can be patented!!!!

tHIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOGA....ITS ABOUT WELLNESS ON THE WHOLE- HEALTH OF BODY AND MIND. YOGA IS ONLY A PART OF THAT.READ ON AND CONTRIBUTE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier View Post
    there is a same thread,
    running at the moment regarding Yoga!

SB ICON Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Fastidious View Post
    I've read and heard a zillion times that we should have minimum 8 glasses of water per day to keep our body well hydrated.... But i don't feel so thirsty, i hardly consume 4-5 glasses that too by reminding myself to drink water...

Any solution anyone?
    i drink only one glass

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    tHIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOGA....ITS ABOUT WELLNESS ON THE WHOLE- HEALTH OF BODY AND MIND. YOGA IS ONLY A PART OF THAT.READ ON AND CONTRIBUTE!!
    I am,
    will contribute later

Quote Originally Posted by Fastidious View Post

Any solution anyone?
    Not to worry,
    i do not drink water,
    two days back,
    that was only beverages in my life,
    now juice is there

Default you MUST drink water

Water is extremely important for our bodies to work properly. This is because water is responsible for moving nutrients around the body and most of the chemical reactions within our cells take place in water.

Drinks that contain sugar, such as fruit juice, some squashes and fizzy drinks, should also be drunk sparingly, because they can contribute to tooth decay.
    It is very important for everyone to drink lots of fluid every day to help stay healthy. As a rough guide, around six to eight cups, mugs or glasses of fluid per day are recommended. You can get this from a number of sources, not just from water. Personal preference and availability play an important role in determining what you might choose to drink.

Young Gun

I had upset stomach, with pain and griping. I am taking antibiotics now, are there any specific things that I should be eating, drinking?

Default tummy ache

Yes sir!!!
    No tea, coffee or fizzy drinks. avoid heavy food, pastries and cakes. try and eat food that is easy to digest like yogurts and khichri. dry toast and verrrrrrrrry light tea is not bad either. Lots of fluids are to be taken...loads of nimbupaani and isaphgol mixes in cold curd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokra View Post
    I had upset stomach, with pain and griping. I am taking antibiotics now, are there any specific things that I should be eating, drinking?

Young Gun

Yes sir!!!
    No tea, coffee or fizzy drinks. avoid heavy food, pastries and cakes. try and eat food that is easy to digest like yogurts and khichri. dry toast and verrrrrrrrry light tea is not bad either. Lots of fluids are to be taken...loads of nimbupaani and isaphgol mixes in cold curd.
    Thanks, I feet better already, but khichri? OUCH!

What to do??? you got your tummy that way, now give it some rest!

Young Gun

Talking

Water is extremely important for our bodies to work properly. This is because water is responsible for moving nutrients around the body and most of the chemical reactions within our cells take place in water.

Drinks that contain sugar, such as fruit juice, some squashes and fizzy drinks, should also be drunk sparingly, because they can contribute to tooth decay.
    It is very important for everyone to drink lots of fluid every day to help stay healthy. As a rough guide, around six to eight cups, mugs or glasses of fluid per day are recommended. You can get this from a number of sources, not just from water. Personal preference and availability play an important role in determining what you might choose to drink.
    My brother agrees with you completely. He ALWAYS drink water, no matter what he drinks....whisky or vodka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!