Thread: Darrell Hair offer to quit for $500,000 as a member of the Elite Umpires Panel.

Default Darrell Hair offer to quit for $500,000 as a member of the Elite Umpires Panel.

Darrell Hair offered to resign as a member of the ICC's Elite Umpires Panel in return for a payment of $500,000, Malcolm Speed, the ICC chief executive, told a press conference near Lord's.

Speed said Hair's resignation offer was forwarded to Doug Cowie, the ICC's umpire manager. A copy of that letter was also made available to the Pakistan Cricket Board.

In the letter, Hair asked for "a one-off payment to compensate for the loss of future earnings and retainer payments over the next four years, which I believe would have been the best years I have to offer ICC and world umpiring."

Despite the revelations, Speed said that Hair had not been suspended and no action had so far been taken against him. But he did not rule out action.

"I have said to him that he is not sacked, he is not suspended, and he has not been charged," Speed said. "I also said to him that I didn't guarantee that each of those three positions would be maintained indefinitely."

Speed said he was distressed that the issue had created lot of speculation and misinformation in the media as well as allegations of racial bias. "This issue has created unprecedented media and public issue... There is a huge amount of misinformation, speculation and conjecture in different parts of the world. There have been accusations of racism.

"It involves two separate issues. Did the Pakistan team change the ball in an illegal manner? Secondly, when Pakistan refused to take the field, did that bring the game into disrepute? They are cricket issues. The ICC Code of Conduct provides a mechanism to dispense justice on cricket issues and that's the process we are trying to achieve here."

The letter, a copy of which was released to the media, quoted Hair as saying that he was willing to relinquish the umpire's job from August 31. "I am prepared to retire/stand down/relinquish my position on the elite panel to take effect from August 31, 2006. This payment is to be the sum of $500,000, details of which must be kept confidential by both parties.

~Dangerous & Mysterious~ Colonel xavier's Avatar

Cool

Well doesn't it seems that some fishy is there??? regarding Hair's attitude

Thumbs down Darrell Hair

Racist now wants money to stop his racist actions

Thumbs down a wise man

i think this man is wise enough. he must has realised that in the end he is going to be thrown out empty handed so he tried to be over clever.

New Born

Default He has lost his morality

it was a sensatoinal to hear that the guy who is suppose to implement the
    law now going against it.

SB Champion jamazmi@rediffmail.com's Avatar

Default Darell Hair gone hairless to shameless

He has proved by his decision that he is racist ( as most Indians are in India) and that the whole thing is that ki sabse bada rupaiah (sorry... Dollars.)

New Born

Arrow racist pig opens nostril

this racist pig now comes to its own he is a sick and mad dog the only way to treat a mad dog is to ------------- him

Default Darrell should quit.

Hair has lost his creadibility, such a man cannot be honest . He should be kicked out.

Default Darrell is Dishonest

Darrell is a racist, he first humiliated Murli Dharan, then Sachin, then Dravid. Hair should be fined $500,000. He must quit.

New Born

he is a racist. he should pay $500,000 instead of getting paid because he has not only discredited the players but the game as well.iti s timefor all the asian nations to unite against racism in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
    he is a racist. he should pay $500,000 instead of getting paid because he has not only discredited the players but the game as well.iti s timefor all the asian nations to unite against racism in cricket.
    He must have been fined of the sum he demanded, yet there is some Controversial attitude has been showed by ICC

.::|||SB LORD|||::. Lieutenant General TheDarkLord's Avatar

Angry

Darrell must Quit now bcoz he havn't any scene.
    He thinks dat his mail will not shows to media but Media Open it
    And his Reputation is now Over
    I think ICC must Fired Him

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLord View Post
    Darrell must Quit now bcoz he havn't any scene.
    He thinks dat his mail will not shows to media but Media Open it
    And his Reputation is now Over
    I think ICC must Fired Him
    Still ICC is backing him