Thread: failed twice

Unregistered

Default failed twice

hi mam, last year i tried to get in good engineering college but failed, so i asked my parents to let of take drop of 1 year( which didn't want but in the end agreed).. This year i tried hard at starting but didn't studied that good in the end. So all my entrance exam papers went bad and now this year also i won't get good college. I'm felling shame, disappointed and i think i let my parents down... So can you tell me something that i can do to make my parents proud of me even when i'm studing in average technical college.

╰»ιη ηαzι-кιℓιη' вzηєѕѕ-» Lieutenant-Colonel jacky780001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi mam, last year i tried to get in good engineering college but failed, so i asked my parents to let of take drop of 1 year( which didn't want but in the end agreed).. This year i tried hard at starting but didn't studied that good in the end. So all my entrance exam papers went bad and now this year also i won't get good college. I'm felling shame, disappointed and i think i let my parents down... So can you tell me something that i can do to make my parents proud of me even when i'm studing in average technical college.
    Its very easy to make them proud. Join a college, get a job, buy them something from your first salary and voila, they are the happiest and proudest parents ever.

Listen my dear, mostly a level of college doesn't matter at all. Now, it doesn't mean you join any one, of course, it should have a reputation at least. Ultimately, you are going to get a job anyhow, which in turn mostly depends on grades you are going to achieve in college. Your parents are just worried because they just want to see you settled as quick as possible. So, they're already proud of you, you just need to pay them a homage for such gratification which you'll achieve because of them. So just think what you'll gift them from your first salary. See, even a blink of such thought spread a smile of exult on your face. Now go and look for a good college to take admission.
    -» вυт ωнєяє тнє нєℓℓ ∂σ ι ƒιη∂ 'єм ιη ιη∂υѕ «╝

SB Champion Lieutenant vsingh165's Avatar

Don't be concerned about where you are going to school. And don't take engineering just because other people make good money doing it. Do what drives you, and you'll do amazing at it. I did engineering because I am naturally curious about how things work; salaries are of little concern to me.

Banned Colonel

Before this , ask yourself if you're doing engineering because you love it or because your parents want so.

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

welcome to my life..... I have taken the scenic route too... and am still taking it......
    your parents will be proud of you if you live a good and stable life..... ask them what they expect from you..... then ask yourself if you can achieve it....... if you achieve 10% of their expectation they would be proud of you as long as you dont ignore them when they are old......
    Shaam-e-Avadh is very tiring

SB Champion Lieutenant

Well I really don't think what college you goto but do some thing that you are good in and I mean don't look at the popularity of the college look at the study level and how the teachers are. Normally I don't recommend this but if you really need to take some coaching classes and see if you can improve.

♡♥£☋¢Ǩ¥ ★☆★ ☾ћi¢Ҝ¥♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

yes. your decision is good.. average technical engineering colleges ae also good. but just enquire in which u have good coaching & good campus selection for jobs. Speak to people. browse for reviews of colleges & join any one which would offer seat for your marks.

afterall ur efforts are the one which count in end.Even in avg college u can score high marks & make a mark. scoring less marks or failing in good institute is worse.

so grab a seat in whcihever college u get. since u are so fond of engineering u willl excel in it. all the best.
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Moderator Major General galaxy_resident's Avatar

Your exams went bad, but this is not the end of world for you. As a matter of fact, leaving the topmost colleges apart in India, every college is almost the same. Just perform well in whatever branch you take and achieve a good job afterwards. You can get a good job even if you are from an ordinary college, provided you have the skills. Your parents will be surely proud of you then.
    The problem with internet quotes is that you can't trust their authenticity.
    - Abraham Lincoln

chirpy angel Lieutenant-Colonel barbiedoll's Avatar

Well buddy!! Its not the tag of the college but how good you fare all throughout your study makes the difference. There are many students who get admitted in reputed colleges paying high fees. Do you think parents will feel proud if they dont come out successfully ? I do understand that everyone aims at studying the best of the colleges but I personally feel our academic grades and the knowledge we attain play a much major role for a better career life later.

Once you get into a good job and well settled, that will definetely make your parents proud and trust me at that point of time no person in the world would think over the college from which you passed out. Do not feel disappointed brother! Aim at future and work hard at your studies. You will make your parents indeed proud of you. Good luck!