Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sehwag Fined: Are Indian Cricketers targetted by ICC?

Default Sehwag Fined: Are Indian Cricketers targetted by ICC?

Virender Sehwag has been fined 20 per cent of his match fee for excessive appealing during the drawn first Test against West Indies, which ended in Antigua on Tuesday.

Sehwag, who took two for 39 in the second innings, pleaded guilty to International Cricket Council match referee Jeff Crowe in a hearing after the final day's play, an ICC statement said on Wednesday.

West Indies' last pair of Fidel Edwards and Corey Collymore hung on for a dramatic draw.

Sehwag was found to have breached 1.5 of the ICC Code which relates to "the practice of celebrating a dismissal before the decision has been given".

All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player's match fee.

The charge was brought by Umpires Asad Rauf, Simon Taufel and Billy Doctrove.

Jeff Crowe reached his conclusion after a hearing attended by Sehwag, Indian coach Greg Chappell and umpires Rauf, Taufel and Doctrove.

BUT WHAT ABOUT LARA? SHOULDN'T HE BE BANNED FOR HIS INSOLENCE ON THE FIELD?
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

Administrator Lieutenant

Default Indians are always targetted!!

Its not the only time when South Asian Players are facing the music. India is contributing 70% of the revenue, despite that Indian players are victim of pathetic desicion making by ICC which dont have any sense.

Even a blind man can tell how Lara fared on Dhoni's episode. He was able to get away easily. I think its reponsibility of every cricket lover to voice his concern, I hope it will reach the deaf ears of IIC policy makers one day.

How long this will continue? Till we keep mum, so please speak up...

Default Very Correct

If sehwag was fined Lara should be dissmissed for his behaviour

Angry

ya exactly
    lara must me ban for an match for his behavoiur
    why only indian player have to suffer all the time

New Born

come onnnnnn look at lara's experience man ... he know more cricket thn asad rauf .. n ofcourse man ICC wont say anything if SACHIN does that or if INZIMAM does that .. they r big players .... they dont do these things but if the do such acts .. man the thing shud be serious thn ... i mean DRAVID already signaled the declaration ... n look at that CHUMP asad rauf ... he is arguing lara ... come on u shud listen if such a big player is commenting on something ... ok yeah he is breaking a law .. but look at the career of that guy .... i mean ... how many times do u c lara even appealing excessive ... never ... but there it was very crucial story going on at that stage of the game ..
    U cant compare lara with sehwag .... i mean wht is sehwag .. is he better thn lara??? has he got that class or is he at the same stage of the career with the gr8 lara?? no right??? ICC doesnt fill their pocket by fining .. but it is teachin SEHWAG that he shudnt break laws n he is not that big player yet that ICC wud let it go ... he has a long journey to travel

n LARA ... god IF icc fines him 100% also .. mean is it going to be difficult for LARA??? mean that guy is a millionaire ... he knows more laws thn the ICC ... so there is nothing to teach him man .... so the ICC doesnt speak in these matters ...

remember when LARA n STEVE waugh got into an arguement in the last tour of aussies to windies??? did ICC say anything?? NO becoz they both r HELL BIG PLAYERS ...... but look at ponting .... ok he is growing big ... as a gr8 .. but ICC keeps an eye on him .... for his bats n behaviour .. but do u think after an year .. the ICC has to teach anything to ponting .. as he is on the line of crossing for gr8 player ...??

Quote Originally Posted by faraztic
    come onnnnnn look at lara's experience man ... he know more cricket thn asad rauf .. n ofcourse man ICC wont say anything if SACHIN does that or if INZIMAM does that .. they r big players .... they dont do these things but if the do such acts .. man the thing shud be serious thn ... i mean DRAVID already signaled the declaration ... n look at that CHUMP asad rauf ... he is arguing lara ... come on u shud listen if such a big player is commenting on something ... ok yeah he is breaking a law .. but look at the career of that guy .... i mean ... how many times do u c lara even appealing excessive ... never ... but there it was very crucial story going on at that stage of the game ..
    U cant compare lara with sehwag .... i mean wht is sehwag .. is he better thn lara??? has he got that class or is he at the same stage of the career with the gr8 lara?? no right??? ICC doesnt fill their pocket by fining .. but it is teachin SEHWAG that he shudnt break laws n he is not that big player yet that ICC wud let it go ... he has a long journey to travel

n LARA ... god IF icc fines him 100% also .. mean is it going to be difficult for LARA??? mean that guy is a millionaire ... he knows more laws thn the ICC ... so there is nothing to teach him man .... so the ICC doesnt speak in these matters ...

remember when LARA n STEVE waugh got into an arguement in the last tour of aussies to windies??? did ICC say anything?? NO becoz they both r HELL BIG PLAYERS ...... but look at ponting .... ok he is growing big ... as a gr8 .. but ICC keeps an eye on him .... for his bats n behaviour .. but do u think after an year .. the ICC has to teach anything to ponting .. as he is on the line of crossing for gr8 player ...??
    You mean to say that BIG PLAYERS can get away with any offence they do?? On field UMPIRES are the ones to make decision and not the players...Umpires are there for that specific job…and not the players…even if a player has got 1000 matches experience…no matter how big the player is....and LARA was quite rude to the umpires..and that is an offense...

ICC has always been biased. and they are very fond of punishing asian players...
    LARA should have been punished...i cant imagine sachin arguing and forcing a player to give himself out...it was very boorish to say the least....
    i think he was just frustrated by the way dhoni was molesting WI bowling attack....LARA didn’t had any answer in his bowlers so he tried the other way around...

Administrator Lieutenant

Default Yiu mean Lara is bigger than the game itself

You mean that LARA has become even bigger than the game itself. Guyz its a gentleman game and everybody falters. Technology can only assist the desicion making and it still leaves room for errors for which the rule of thumb is that batsman will be given the benifit of the doubt. Please see comments from Umpire Shefford.

If people start refusing desicions from umpires, where will be the dignity of the game. Look the way he snatched the ball from umpire. Why did he felt sorry on the episode after that if he was so right? No matter how BIG you are, you never get BIGGER than the game.

LARA may had some view on the situation but the way he was talking to asad rauf is absolutely unappropriate...he showed no respect and was just cribbing like any other guy playing street cricket...

the whole issue could have grown uglier had dravid not called for declaration...i m pretty much sure...if dhoni was given not out..then he may have played couple of more overs...
    the way he was smacking the bowlers to disdain he could have completely dented the confidence of WI....and it may have proved to b enough for a result in indias favour...

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by avdhesh
    You mean that LARA has become even bigger than the game itself. Guyz its a gentleman game and everybody falters. Technology can only assist the desicion making and it still leaves room for errors for which the rule of thumb is that batsman will be given the benifit of the doubt. Please see comments from Umpire Shefford.

If people start refusing desicions from umpires, where will be the dignity of the game. Look the way he snatched the ball from umpire. Why did he felt sorry on the episode after that if he was so right? No matter how BIG you are, you never get BIGGER than the game.
    Look u have to accept that he is a really big player ... and they havent even told everyone wht was going in between .. on wht they were arguing about ... i m sure it was not only on dhoni's wicket ....

Lara is a gr8 player n ICC doesnt get into these small things as there is the reputation of a great player on stake ... so they LET IT GO ... umpire shefford whtever have said ... but u got to accept that he is lara .. n he shudnt be treated like new players ...

I agree the thing he did was wrong ... dont u remember the great Wasim Akram saying bad words to umpires did ever the ICC say anything ?? NO because he was 95% right in his appeals n things ...
    So these r big players . it is there style, they EARN this much space!

But sehwag .. i think the fine on him was correct .. it was right .... as he is not that big player yet .... so imposing a fine on him is right ... but yeah as u grow as a player ... the chances on u getting a fine or a ban get less!

Look u have to accept that he is a really big player ... and they havent even told everyone wht was going in between .. on wht they were arguing about ... i m sure it was not only on dhoni's wicket ....

Lara is a gr8 player n ICC doesnt get into these small things as there is the reputation of a great player on stake ... so they LET IT GO ... umpire shefford whtever have said ... but u got to accept that he is lara .. n he shudnt be treated like new players ...

I agree the thing he did was wrong ... dont u remember the great Wasim Akram saying bad words to umpires did ever the ICC say anything ?? NO because he was 95% right in his appeals n things ...
    So these r big players . it is there style, they EARN this much space!

But sehwag .. i think the fine on him was correct .. it was right .... as he is not that big player yet .... so imposing a fine on him is right ... but yeah as u grow as a player ... the chances on u getting a fine or a ban get less!
    THAT IS THE CRAPPIEST EXPLANATION I HAVE READ ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR DEFENDING LARA...dont know who u are..but its terrible and baseless!!!

Administrator Lieutenant

Default Seperate rules

So you mean that we will have seperate rules for differnt players based upon their seniority and average. We will have all age 35+ players in that case dear. No player can be bigger than the game itself. These seniors represent the game, so they have to be even more responsible in their behaviour. You play for the game, game does not modify based upon your seniority and experience. Tell me a game which goes that way.

Perfectly said Avdhesh..i agree!!

SB Wizard akhileshsarathe@yahoo.com's Avatar

Default All Have Their Opinion

All Person Have Their Opinion
    But The Main Thing Is That
    Game Is Really Important Than Person

New Born

Default icc-the parsaility

why only indian players only suffered?also west indies captain misbehave to umpire by kicking the ball,i think it is not a disorder in displine.i scold to icc,and we are the indians not give respect to the icc board's decession.ohhh lara is a senior player,sorry.they respect us bz we are in the tour to their country,why lara behave like a dog in the field,not as a good captain as a good human.

New Born

Angry lara should be banned

tese ICC officals y did find indain palyers guilty only? as Asad had asaid that lara is a senoir player ,but i think sehwag is also not a new one in the cricket world.and Asad said thatexprience n big names are let off remember that ICC had once given Saurabh Ganguly a ban of 6 matches .what ws then ,he was the captain of indain cricket team n also a man who had made more than 10,000 runs in one dayers n more tan 18,000 international runs and also around 100 wickets and leaa tha team to the fianls of world cup. then who came to look more senoir lara or saurabh.SO the end covlusion is that ICC offiacls frame more charges againts the asian palyers n more on indain palyers as compared to other palyers of the world(that also after knowing that more than 70% of ter bussiness come from asia )