Thread: Deal Ya No Deal to End in July

Unhappy Deal Ya No Deal to End in July

Yet another game show is all set to end. Sony TV's Deal Ya No Deal which went through three host changes has finally decided to call it quits.

The other game shows which have been yanked off in the past include Zee TV's Sawaal Dus Crore Ka and Kam Ya Zyaada, and Sony TV's Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke (hosted by Govinda).

Confirming this, Sony TV's Anupama Mandloi says, “Deal Ya No Deal will end by mid-July. We're replacing it with a travel game show called Paisa Bhari Padega which will be hosted by Sandhya Mridul. It will feature celebrities like Kushal Punjabi and Vinay Pathak.

It's hard to pinpoint a reason why Deal Ya No Deal didn't work, even though it was quite popular. Perhaps it lacked the dramatic element that other game shows boast of. We gave it our best shot, but now it's time to let go.”

Host Rajev Khandelwal provides his own reasons for the death of the show. “Viewers couldn't connect with the concept,” he says.

“Audience participation was also limited. There were no open phone lines for viewers to call in. It was entirely set-restricted. Personally, the show was a big triumph for me in spite of people criticising me for not being emotional enough. I refuse to hug strangers and get all teary-eyed at the drop of a hat. I think audiences liked my restraint.”
    || तालिबान सक्क ||

nooooooooooooooo

Dr. Shehzad Lieutenant General X-MAN-S.A's Avatar

deallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....... ......