Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ik hor Gal Dasso

Arrow Ik hor Gal Dasso

Helloo Preeto Ji

I'm back again, thori na addiction type ho gayi hai twade section naal. I think it can keep guiding me, if not totally then partially, with the everyday matters of my life.

Hun gal eddan hai, k dekhan nu ta my life is cool, a nice job , a loving family and all that but na jisnu kehande han "Peace Of Mind" of nahi hai.

So not going specific on any matter can u give me the key to contentment...
    Sadaa khush rehan de tareeka..?

Thank you again in advance ji

P.S. I've bought a new jhaadoo and my safaiwaali aunty is quite happy with that (if not me hehe)

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!
    WELL, I am so glad that you like our forum and want to visit here often.
    Now , about the peace of mind. I wish there was some tablet or surgery that could get it for us but unfortunately, it's all about ourselves and it comes from within. To build the resources that will achieve this for us is also up to us. Apart from that, even if we feel that at some point our mind is peaceful, but remember, we have to keep working at it.
    Meditation, wellness of the body and mind are all ways to achieve this. The greatest way is to realise that there is suffering in the world and the root cause of the suffering is desire. elemination of desire, will bring you peace. But, this is an ideal state to achieve and you have to work at it!!

!ИV!ИÇ!ßLΣ Brigadier General invincible07's Avatar

Be ...i know its not possible but try to be content with what u got... Live life as there is no tomorrow... N if u can try to help every1 who comes to u 4 help....n most importantly love urself.... U'll feel the change in a few days....
    Bye n takecare

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Hi!
    WELL, I am so glad that you like our forum and want to visit here often.
    Now , about the peace of mind. I wish there was some tablet or surgery that could get it for us but unfortunately, it's all about ourselves and it comes from within. To build the resources that will achieve this for us is also up to us. Apart from that, even if we feel that at some point our mind is peaceful, but remember, we have to keep working at it.
    Meditation, wellness of the body and mind are all ways to achieve this. The greatest way is to realise that there is suffering in the world and the root cause of the suffering is desire. elemination of desire, will bring you peace. But, this is an ideal state to achieve and you have to work at it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by invincible07 View Post
    Be ...i know its not possible but try to be content with what u got... Live life as there is no tomorrow... N if u can try to help every1 who comes to u 4 help....n most importantly love urself.... U'll feel the change in a few days....
    Bye n takecare
    Makes Sense! So tusi dono kuch eddan kehna chahunde ho ke Peace Of Mind can be achieved by

Mediatation
    Fitness
    Elimination Of Desire
    Helping Others
    Loving Myself

Hmm ok that sums it up for me, par kehna asaan hai ji karna kaafi mushkil.. Ik Ik karke vi je Implement kitta jaye tan shayad kuch ho jaye. Chalo will surely try these, thank you for helping.

Par isda matlab eh nahi hai ke main ethon chale jaana hai. I'm here to stay, problems tan aundian hi rehandiyan han..kyon ji?

One more thing, Honestly tell me Preeto Ji, Is it practically possible to Eliminate Desire completely? I mean we all are HUMAN BEINGS and "Desire" is an inherent part of us, isn't it? So even if we TRY to eliminate desire, it means we stop the effort of getting better things or a better life..doesn't that make life even more boring?

Zara socho te dasso... me waiting to know

Aap ji da agyakari

Whats going on?

I only understood " peace of mind" Can you please re-write in English ?

!ИV!ИÇ!ßLΣ Brigadier General invincible07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dukhi Aatma View Post
    Makes Sense! So tusi dono kuch eddan kehna chahunde ho ke Peace Of Mind can be achieved by

Mediatation
    Fitness
    Elimination Of Desire
    Helping Others
    Loving Myself

Hmm ok that sums it up for me, par kehna asaan hai ji karna kaafi mushkil.. Ik Ik karke vi je Implement kitta jaye tan shayad kuch ho jaye. Chalo will surely try these, thank you for helping.

Par isda matlab eh nahi hai ke main ethon chale jaana hai. I'm here to stay, problems tan aundian hi rehandiyan han..kyon ji?

One more thing, Honestly tell me Preeto Ji, Is it practically possible to Eliminate Desire completely? I mean we all are HUMAN BEINGS and "Desire" is an inherent part of us, isn't it? So even if we TRY to eliminate desire, it means we stop the effort of getting better things or a better life..doesn't that make life even more boring?

Zara socho te dasso... me waiting to know

Aap ji da agyakari

Well if u eleminate desire n goes into self denial mode then the motivation to exel in life will also get eleminated. Desire is the driving force which keeps 1going...but every desire cannot be met... Just keep in mind that u won't get each n everything which u desire so its better just to be content with what u get...don't worry 4 the things which u did'nt get....
    Bhai aapki punjabi bohot hi badiya hai... Mein bhi punjabi bol leta hoon lekin kayi baar yeh mere bhi upar se chali jaati hai....yaar good length ki ball daalo bouncer kyon daalte ho...

Quote Originally Posted by inorderto View Post
    not much, this is his question in short. He has everything in life(?). But he dont have peace of mind. He want to know what is the way to be happy always.

Ah, okay! thanx for translating for me.

Much appreciated!

Banned

dukhio atma veere tere savaal sun k mera dil v dukhi ho gya

i just thaought rabb ne sabb kush dita

par ek feeling of satisfaction kyu hani

jindagi ch ik adhura pan kyu hai

veer ik kam kareya kar

jad v tinu jindagi jaali lagey

Try Some DARU

APA te PEG laayi de te sarey Adhura pan ud janda

puthe pangey lai k jindagi puri kar li di

Quote Originally Posted by invincible07 View Post
    Well if u eleminate desire n goes into self denial mode then the motivation to exel in life will also get eleminated. Desire is the driving force which keeps 1going...but every desire cannot be met... Just keep in mind that u won't get each n everything which u desire so its better just to be content with what u get...don't worry 4 the things which u did'nt get....
    Bhai aapki punjabi bohot hi badiya hai... Mein bhi punjabi bol leta hoon lekin kayi baar yeh mere bhi upar se chali jaati hai....yaar good length ki ball daalo bouncer kyon daalte ho...
    Chalo hun bouncer nahi maarange, i mean i can talk in hindi as well, in case u don't understand my Punjabi. Ok as far as partial elimination of desire is concerned, then let's say for eg. if u work hard to achieve 80% marks but inspite of that u get 75%, will u be satisfied with what u get? I don't think so, maybe what we can do is keep our goals and desires realistic...

Baaki i really appreciate ke tusi meri help karan di koshish kar rahe ho

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
    Whats going on?

I only understood " peace of mind" Can you please re-write in English ?

not much, this is his question in short. He has everything in life(?). But he dont have peace of mind. He want to know what is the way to be happy always.
    Thank You for translating bhaaji!

Quote Originally Posted by sohna_munda View Post
    dukhio atma veere tere savaal sun k mera dil v dukhi ho gya

i just thaought rabb ne sabb kush dita

par ek feeling of satisfaction kyu hani

jindagi ch ik adhura pan kyu hai

veer ik kam kareya kar

jad v tinu jindagi jaali lagey

Try Some DARU

APA te PEG laayi de te sarey Adhura pan ud janda

puthe pangey lai k jindagi puri kar li di
    O lai! eh idea ta mainu aaya hai nai c! Thank you veere, gal ta sahi hai, khao piyo te mast raho... hmm let's try although i'm not into too much of drinking... But quite a practical approach. Baaki cheezan implement karan vich kaafi time lagda hai, twada idea will work instanty
    But it will be temporary yaar...

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Actually, i did say in my answer that the removal of desire is an ideal state and very hard to achieve. However, we CAN strive to lessen our desires. This does NOT mean that we stop striving to do well in life, but simply that we do not define ourselves by those things that we have or do not have.
    This, actually makes for better relationships, more joy and satisfaction in life.
    Of course if you were able to eliminate desires completely, you would achieve a Buddha like state of Nirvana,(complete bliss) but then it is only once in several centuries that the Buddha is born!!

Dukhi Atma, it seems your first question has been answerd by Preetoji and invincible07.

Now about your second problem-
    "Is it practically possible to Eliminate Desire completely? I mean we all are
    HUMAN BEINGS and "Desire" is an inherent part of us, isn't it? So even if we
    TRY to eliminate desire, it means we stop the effort of getting better things
    or a better life..doesn't that make life even more boring?"

so facts visible from this -
    1) you are human being
    2) you have desire (inherent)
    3) you believe eliminating desire as, stopping the effort in life for better things or a better life
    4) you doubt if you remove desire, your life will become even more boring.

Now i have some doubts,

a)if you belive, keeping desires will supply the effort for better things in life
    or make life better, why would you think about removing them? If you doubt,
    removing desires will in the end make your life even more boring, why not
    keep them? You dont probably even need to think about removing them!
    Because it seems, they are really important in your life to keep it going and
    in its betterment. So keep them!

b)Or perhaps you wanted to ask someone who has already removed desires,
    to know about the experience?
    In that case, there can be no guarantee whether they say is true or not.
    This is a virtual place. Even in real life too, it is risky. You cant know if
    someone is saying truth or lie. And you cant risk your life, as desires keep an
    important role in your life. So you cant really trust others opinion in it. So
    better dont waste yours and their time asking about it, right?

c)If you want to simply know whether its possible or not for just the sake of
    knowing, why dont you try yourself and see for yourself, rather than
    wasting your time questioning others knowledge about it? (refer to "b"
    above, for the risk and stupidity involved in this act) The quicker you start
    the better, as it seems, you will need to do a lot of removal. If you try
    yourself and see for yourself, that will give you the best solution, 100%
    accurate too!. So start working.. now! than asking silly questions, if you
    want to know it.
    Oye hoye, tusi tan phatte hi chak ditte! enni waddi te philosophical gall na kuch samajh type nahi aayi mainu. But all i can say is you misunderstood my question i think, i'm just taking a viewpoint which might help. I'm not here to question other people's knowledge man... Sometimes certain things coming out from other people's experiences can guide us better along with our own wisdom on the matter...

Waise thank you ji for TRYING to help me out...

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Actually, i did say in my answer that the removal of desire is an ideal state and very hard to achieve. However, we CAN strive to lessen our desires. This does NOT mean that we stop striving to do well in life, but simply that we do not define ourselves by those things that we have or do not have.
    This, actually makes for better relationships, more joy and satisfaction in life.
    Of course if you were able to eliminate desires completely, you would achieve a Buddha like state of Nirvana,(complete bliss) but then it is only once in several centuries that the Buddha is born!!
    Preeto Ji, i'm glad you replied, i was actually looking forward to it
    Tusi gal ta waise pate di karde ho. Ok, so i'm not really interested in becoming Buddha, but yea if can attain some amount of satisfaction with my desires intact (coz no matter what we all have certain desires hai na ji? ), that'll be cool.
    But yeah eh gal sahi hai that we should not define ourselves by our acheivements. Point noted madam jee.

Thank you

Aap ji da Agyakari

Since you havent replied after 1hr being passed, i am guessing you
    understood everything, and you are satisfied.

Avoid wasting Preetojis time with your brilliant questions. ok?
    If you think you are too funny, try to write columns in some newspaper
    than wasting your talent here.Or since you seem to be good in Punjabi, Hindi and English, may be you can do blogging too. LIke one Punjabi blaawg, a Hindi blaawg and an English blaawg.

Dont forget there are others who are not as smart as you are, visit here and
    really need her time and advice. If you are not satisfied with advices, why dont you look for some other solution than clinging to it.

and if you can, try to speak in english. also why you keep the ar.se licking comments like ap ji da agyakari?

are you making fun of Preeto ji dude? whats your problem??
    If you can, help others or if you wanna play smartas.s go do at your home.

request moderators to take strict action against smartas.s people like this.
    They are bringing harm into board, sidelining those who actually need help
    and advice. Only motive of people like these is to show their oversmartness.
    errrr Main kujh galat keha si ji?
    Waise why are YOU getting so offended man? I don't think i've said anything to you. If you don't like what i'm asking, then you have the choice to not reply. And why are getting so defensive about Preeto Ji? She doesn't seem to have any problem with my questions. Tusi aiwen ho aukhe hoyi jaande ho.

And dude, please mind your language. Baaki rahi gal about the language i use to express myself, that is my style that's how converse in general, twanu ode to vi problem hai? Lagda hai twanu duniya vich apne aap to ilava koi changa nahi lagda.. Chalo that is also good in a way, if nobody else appreciates you atleast one can do it for oneself. Good going man..