Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking NEWS ::::: Benazir Bhutto assassinated

Default Breaking NEWS ::::: Benazir Bhutto assassinated

BENAZIR BHUTTO DEAD

27 Dec 2007, 1802 hrs IST,PTI

Unconfirmed reports suggest that Benazir Bhutto had died of bullet injury. She had been hit in the neck by a bullet during a suicide attack in Rawalpindi.

Last edited by Fathomless; 27-12-2007 at 06:55 PM.
    In Isolation....!

SB Spearhead Field Marshal Rocky-10's Avatar

Default Breaking NEWS ::::: Benazir Bhutto assassinated

Friends, The news has just confirmed that Benazir Bhutto has been assassinated........

PPP leader Benazir Bhutto has been shot dead following a suicide attack on her rally in Rawalpindi.

Pakistan interior ministry had earlier declared a high alert across the country post the attacks that marred rallies of both main opposition leaders, Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto.

The blast occured minutes after Benazir Bhutto finished her speech.

''We are traumatised. People all over are crying. Everyone is saying that this Army has killed Benazir. There is going to be more bloodshed. Will the world now finally wake up? said a distraught Asma Jehangir, Chairperson, Pak Human Rights Commission.

Dawn News sources claim 20-25 are feared killed in the blast.

PPP Information Secretary Sherry Rehman has also been injured in the attack and taken to a hospital.

National and provincial assembly elections in Pakistan are due on January 8.

In October some 130 people were killed in an attack on Bhutto's cavalcade when she returned to the country.

It was one of the worst incidents of violence in a year of deteriorating security in Pakistan.

Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman,
    but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.

ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan Opposition leader Benazir Bhutto on Thursday escaped a second bid on her life in 10 weeks when a suicide bomber blew himself up, shortly after she addressed a political rally in Rawalpindi, killing about 20 people and wounding several others.

Bhutto was safe as she had already left the area in her vehicle when the blast took place, just minutes after her speech to thousands of supporters.

TV footage showed torn limbs and parts of flesh were spread around the Liaqat Bagh park, the venue of the rally by the former Prime Minister and the leader of the Pakistan People's Party.

Police officials said it was a suicide attack in which about 20 people were killed and several wounded.

PPP spokesperson Farahtullah Babar said Bhutto's vehicle was about 50 metres away from where the blast occurred.

"She had just crossed the gate when we heard a deafening sound. We could feel its impact but by the grace of God she is safe," he was quoted as saying.

Bhutto had survived an attempt on her life when two explosions ripped though her homecoming rally in Karachi on October 18, killing more than 140 people.
    In Isolation....!

......salsa...... Colonel smarty_geo's Avatar

really
    "I was out cuz i dint remember my password "

a place where u can chase me but never get me

Dis is extremely sad.........
    ~Mai phool nai chingaari Huu~

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

ya, i read it on rediff
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

Benazir Bhutto

16th Prime Minister of Pakistan

In office

19 October 1993 – 5 November 1996

Born
    21 June 1953

Karachi, Dominion of Pakistan

Died
    27 December 2007 (aged 54)

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

a place where u can chase me but never get me

TFS.............!!

similar thread by Rocky too!

Dis is sad!
    ~Mai phool nai chingaari Huu~

its sad news.......!!!!
    In Isolation....!

Benazir Bhutto بینظیر بھٹو, born 21 June 1953 - December 27, 2007 was a Pakistani politician. Bhutto was the first woman elected to lead a post-colonial Muslim state. She was twice elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. She was sworn in for the first time in 1988 but removed from office 20 months later under orders of then-president Ghulam Ishaq Khan on grounds of alleged corruption. In 1993 Bhutto was re-elected but was again removed in 1996 on similar charges, this time by President Farooq Leghari.

Bhutto went into self-imposed exile in Dubai in 1998, where she remained until she returned to Pakistan on October 18, 2007, after reaching an understanding with General Musharraf by which she was granted amnesty and all corruption charges were withdrawn.

She was the eldest child of former premier Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, a Pakistani of Sindhi extraction, and Begum ("Lady") Nusrat Bhutto, a Pakistani of Iranian-Kurdish extraction. Her paternal grandfather was Sir Shah Nawaz Bhutto who came to Larkana Sindh before partition from his native town of Bhatto Kalan which was situated in the Indian state of Haryana.

She was assassinated on December 27, 2007 during a suicide bombing attack on an election rally in Rawalpindi.

27 December 2007 Rawalpindi bombings in which Benazir Bhutto was killed occurred when a suicide bomber detonated at her party's rally in Rawalpindi on 27 December 2007. Bhutto was campaigning ahead of elections due in January 2008.

Benazir Bhutto had just addressed a rally of PPP supporters in the town of Rawalpindi when the rally was rocked by a blast. Bhutto was said to have been leaving the rally when the attack occurred.
    Although reports indicated Bhutto was shot, it was unclear if her bullet wounds were caused by a shooting or shrapnel from the bomb.
    At least 20 other people were killed in the attack.The suicide bomber reportedly fired shots at her before detonating himself

Quote Originally Posted by dESIRABLE View Post
    TFS.............!!

similar thread by Rocky too!

Dis is sad!
    yes i have seen it when i had already posted this thread.....!!!!!!!
    In Isolation....!

Bhutto suffered bullet wounds in the aftermath of the bomb attack, TV networks report.

Video of the scene just moments before the explosion showed Bhutto stepping into a heavily-guarded vehicle to leave the rally.

Khan said while it appeared Bhutto was shot, it was unclear if her bullet wounds were caused by a shooting or shrapnel from the bomb.

The suicide attack left at least 14 dead and 40 injured, Khan told CNN in a telephone interview.

The attacker is said to have detonated a bomb as he tried to enter the rally where thousands of people gathered to hear Bhutto speak, police said.

Video from the scene of the blast broadcast from Geo TV showed wounded people being loaded into ambulances.

Up to 20 people are dead, the report said.

Earlier, four supporters of former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif died when members of another political party opened fire on them at a rally near the Islamabad airport Friday, local police said.

Several other members of Sharif's party were wounded, police added.

While President Pervez Musharraf has promised free and fair parliamentary elections next month, continued instability in the tribal areas and the threat of attack on large crowds has kept people from attending political rallies and dampened the country's political process.

Campaigners from various political groups say fewer people are coming out to show their support due to government crackdowns and the threat of violence.
    In Isolation....!

.........Bhagwan Unki aatma ko Shanti de......!!!!!
    In Isolation....!

Trance Infection Major General AxN's Avatar

Shan bhai.... where can i see the video footage... plz can u tell me...
    ▫▪▫▪ . Armin Van Buuren... the only definition of Trance !! ▪▫▪▫
    Ŧλέ ßαδ вøγ