Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell Us Something Abt. Hans Raj Hans

Default Tell Us Something Abt. Hans Raj Hans

Hey friend here is a therad dedicated to HANS RAJ JI HANS..............
    I think i need not tell anyone who is HANS RAJ JI HANS...
    Now what we have to do is that we all will share the information whatever life,songs,singing,hobbies,etc. etc.we know abt. him.....i mean everythingthat what we can exchange abt. one person......
    so lets start.......................

Rgds.
    Saleem
    Last edited by saleem; 15-09-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Default Baba Hans

A Sufi fakir - daphli, choga, long beard and all - was a figure that changed hans raj hans' life forever, Fascinated by the fakir who used to do rounds in his native village in Punjab, Hans picked up the kalams they used to sing and soon he was the part of the troupe. He spent 12-15 years with his ustaad Puran Shah Koti Saheb, he travelled barefoot with him through the villages of Punjab, performing in Sufi darbars. His first Album which became popular was "Ashiqan Di Kadi Zindagi" in 1990. Other famous albums of him are "Tera Mera Pyar", "Lal Garara" and the recent "Chorni" which is currently on air. The most popular song in the album is "Dil Chori Sada Ho Gaya...."
    His latest venture is movies. Hans has done a number "Dil Tote Tote" with Shweta Shetty in Bobby Deol's "Bichhoo" which has struck the right note with youngsters.

Default Hans Raj Hans

A name synonymous with Punjabi folklore and Sufi songs, Hans Raj Hans is as Punjabi by nature as his songs - donning a beard and long curly hair, he is the epitome of the rural Punjab village youth. Guru Ustad Puran Shahkoti Sahib, his guru who trained him, bestowed his surname 'Hans' on him. He is the Punjabi folk singer with his own style. One could think he is a rocker looking at him, with his locks falling over his shoulders, but listening to his silky voice, one can't help but fall in love with his music. He has performed all over the world, in places like, USA, Canada, Europe, Middle East and many more countries. Success has not changed Hans Raj Hans. He is still a down-to-earth Sufi singer who has carved a niche for himself amongst the great singing icons of Punjab. Hans Raj Hans was honoured with the best male singer award for 'Dil chori sada ho gaya

Rgds.
    Saleem

Default More Abt. "babahans"

He is the Punjabi folk singer with his own style. One could think he is a rocker looking at him, with his locks falling over his shoulders, but listening to his silky voice, one can't help but fall in love with his music.
    He is one of the few people who have managed to bring original folk music from the fields of Punjab, to the professional world of Indian music industry. His last album Chorni was a huge success, and basking in the still continuing glory of his previous success, he has released yet another album with T-Series 'Jhanjariya'.

A disciple of Ustad Puran Shah Koti, he grew up refining his mind and voice with the rich culture of traditional Punjabi Sufiana music. He graduated from D A V College, Jalandhar, though academics never really interested him. Music was his first love and he went ahead to make a career out of it.

He has performed all over the world, in places like, USA, Canada, Europe, Middle East and many more countries. His performances have been widely appreciated and Ex Prime Minister I K Gujral honoured him for his excellence in singing.
    'Jhanjariya' has lyrics by well-known lyricist Ibraheem Ashq and music by the duo Ali-Ghani. The music directors actually went to Punjab for a stay with Hans Raj Hans, to get a real feel of the life out there and draw inspirations from the studies and works in Sufi music.
    "In this album I have tried to give a feel of the earth in terms of music, lyrics and vocals. People would expect me to come up with something like Morni after Chorni, but I followed my heart and have experimented with various dialects of music in this album," says Mr. Hans.

This album has a combination of Geet as well as Ghazals. "This is the first time I am singing Ghazals and I hope people will appreciate my efforts," he says. "I work more by my instincts rather than anything else," he adds.
    In spite of gathering such great amount of publicity and fame, he still leads a simple life with his people around and wants to continue like that.
    "Glamour has never attracted me much," he says, "If you notice even my videos are simple and not the kinds where the singer is surrounded by skimpily dressed women. They are music videos and music is the main ingredient in them."
    He has done playback for the film Bichoo and he intends to do more. "I like singing for films. But my driving force is still Punjabi folk songs and Sufi songs which brings me closer to almighty God, says Hans Raj"
    He is satisfied with the work that he has done so far. "People accept me and my style and this makes me very happy. I hope I am able to live upto their expectation with this my work so far."

Rgds.
    Shehzada Saleem

Default Awards

The Honourable Prime Minister of India, ATAL BEHARI VAJPAYEE honoured Hans Raj Hans for his contribution in popularizing Punjab Music.

Rgds.
    Shehzada Saleem

Default Awarding Hans

Mr. I. K. Gujral honoured Mr. Hans Raj Hans at the time when he was conferred upon the title of "Raj Gayak" by Government of Punjab. It is well to note, that he is the FIRST and the ONLY person who has been awarded with this coveted title by the government of Punjab
    Rgds.
    Shehzad saleem

Default awarding hans

On 12th of June, 2001, a function was organized at New York by the American-Indo Foundation in which he performed in the presence of Chief Guest, Mr. BILL CLINTON, the former President of US and a huge amount of $2.5 Million was collected for the noble cause of Gujarat Relief Fund

Rgds.
    Shehzada Saleem

Default Awarding Hans

He is the only Sufi Singer from the soil of Punjab who has been conferred upon the unique Fellowship FOR LIFE by Punjabi University, Patiala. Dr. Jasbir Singh Ahluwalia, V.C.Punjabi University, bestowed the rare honour upon Hans Raj Hans
    Rgds.
    Shehzada Saleem

Default awarding hans

Hans Raj Hans receiving Raj Gayak degree from Capital Amrinder Singh (CM Of Punjab) in India

Rgds.
    Saleem

Hans Raj Hans with Prakash Singh Badal (Ex-Chief Minister of Punjab) and I.K. Gujral.
    Rgds.
    Shehzada Saleem

Hans Raj Hans with Prakash Singh Badal (Ex CM of Punjab), I.K. Gujral, and punjabi singher Kuldip Manak.

Rgds.
    Saleem

Default PYFA Honours

PYFA Honours

The Punjab Young Farmers Association (PYFA) has decided to honour prominent folk singer Hans Raj Hans with the Amrik Singh Cheema Award. The award will be conferred on him by Lt-Gen (retd) J.F.R. Jacob, Governor of Punjab, at the Kisan Mela in Rakhra on October 4.

The selection panel constituted by the PYFA chose Hans because of his contribution in boosting the interest of the rural youth in Punjabi folklore, culture and poetry. His name is synonymous with Sufi songs. He has worked in several films and featured prominently in TV serials.

He has done extensive research on Sufi poetry. He excels in "folk music and Sufiana gaiki" and has a distinct and unique style of his own. He is a Visiting Professor of Sufism at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. He has performed in several countries, including the USA, Canada, England, Euorpe, West Asia, Australia, the Philippines and Singapore.

Patiala, October 1, 2002
    Tribune News Service

Rgds.
    Shehzada Saleem

Default Biography Of Hans

A name synonymous with Punjabi folk lore and sufi songs. Tall, fair, handsome,donning a beard and long curly hair,he is the epitome of the punjabi village youth.At a young age,he has already established his mark.With a unique style of singing nurtured on classical music,and his readyness to improvise,he has become a trend setter in his field. His surname 'Hans" was bestowed on him by his Guru Ustad Puran Shahkoti Sahib,who trained him and also gave the sufiana style this gem. He also sang alongside late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan for film "Kache Dhage". The list of his hit numbers is endless. He has worked with several distinguished music composers out of which the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan stands out. He was the first singer to be invited to Pakistan, and won a loud acclaim for his performance there. He was personally honoured by Mr Nawaz Sharif Prime Minister of Pakistan. He was also honoured by Mr I.K.Gujral,The Hon'able Prime Minister of India.

Rgds.
    Saleem

Default Raj Hans - Life History

A name synonymous with Punjabi folk lore and Sufi songs. Tall, fair, handsome, dons a beard and long curly hair. He is a typical role model of Punjabi village youth. He has a natural God gifted style of singing, which he has nurtured on classical music based on folk songs. At a relatively young age, he has already established his mark. He has a unique style of singing which is more appHansealing and appreciated by audience throughout the world. He has managed to achieve all this without compromising his Sufiana Style. He is innovative and a trend setter in the field of Folk Music

Rgds.
    Saleem

Default The Beginning

Born at village Shafipur near Jalandhar. He is the son of S. Arjun Singh, and Ajit Kaur. He hails from peasant family. He was fond of singing from childhood. His inspiration was derived from the street singers who frequented the villages in the wee hours of the morning chanting devotional songs. At a young age, he had already established his mark with a unique style of singing nurtured in classical music, and readiness to improvise, he became a trendsetter in his field.