Thread: Plz tell me that (same blood group) it effect child

Young Gun

Arrow Plz tell me that (same blood group) it effect child

Question:

My Friend blood group is B+ & his wife blood group is also B+. Plz tell me that (same blood group) it effect child

one of my COLLEAGUE face this problem recently, with same blood group of B+ (wife & Husband) his child was dead before delivery, after Pregency She suffer with stomach Pain after lot of medicines now she was ok ...

Now when my friend wife went for regular doctor checkup, doctor told them child was not growing inside the stomach, and asked about blood groups and they said similar... then doctor told them may be problem with same blood group and suggest for few medicine's

MY QUESTION IS WHETHER THE SAME BLOOD GROUP HAS AN IMPACT SAME AS MY COLLEAGUE WITH MY FRIEND

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Blood type doesn't matter when it comes to pregnancy - what does matter is RH factor. If husband/wife have the same RH factor (both positive, or both negative), then everything is All right. Additionally, if wife is RH positive and husband is RH negative everything is also OK. It's only when a woman is RH negative and her partner is RH positive that problems can arise (even those will be in pregnancies after the first). Here too, there is nothing to really worry about because usually an antibody shot is given after the birth of the first baby.
    So, the problem probably lies elsewhere!!

Young Gun

thanks for ur suggestion.

How can i know abt RH factor ...should they go for addtional tests ??

Why the child was not growing .. now she is 7.5 months pregency, they are worried abt delivery

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

The Rh factor will come automatically when you do a regular blood test to check the blood type. The positive or negative is the Rh factor.
    as for why the baby is not growing, well, the doctor will be able to tell that. Its best that you consult with her/him!

Thankx Preeto ji 4 d information.

I'm also B+
    Plz tell me what are d compatible groups or RHs.

New Born

There will be no complications arising from the blood groups in this pregnancy.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by Inception View Post
    I'm also B+
    Plz tell me what are d compatible groups or RHs.
    The problem would occur only in case your wife is Rh negative. Any Rh positive blood group is fine otherwise.

However, with the facilities that we have today, it is uncommon for a Rh negative mother to be sensitized against Rh antigen. Rh negative mothers are given Coomb's serum before delivery of 1st baby to prevent possible immune system activation.

I am a MBBS doctor.