Thread: Ban marks end of Shoaib Akhtar's Cricket career?

Default Ban marks end of Shoaib Akhtar's Cricket career?

Controversy has stalked Shoaib Akhtar throughout his international career, but his latest transgression could be the final straw.

The first man to be recorded bowling at 100mph might never play for Pakistan again after being hit with a two-year ban for doping.

Shoaib will be 33 by the end of his suspension following a positive test for the banned steroid nandrolone.

That in itself makes it questionable whether he will again be seen charging into the crease at full steam.

Add his celebrity lifestyle and various reported offers of acting roles, and it could well be that the next time he is seen on television is in a film.

That would be a relief to countless batsmen who have suffered against him.
    But it would deprive cricket of a man whose combination of explosive talent and colourful personality have brightened the sport for the last decade.

Were he to return, it would not be the first time Shoaib had bounced back from difficult times.

Perhaps the three most hurtful criticisms to be hurled at a fast bowler are ball tampering, drug-taking and having a suspect action and Shoaib has been accused of all of them.

New Born

Talking No way; He will be definitely back

What I want to clear these kind of controvercies are now becoming routine part of cricket world. But very few of the cricketors are being barred out of the play. SO it is just a matter of time.

I hope we will definitely have pleasure to watch Rawalpindi express on the track in the coming world cup.

New Born

Default fiazbro

Don’t think if one bans Pakistani fast bowling ends.
    Though it’s great shock for us but no problem we have Alternative Men to show world cricket Pundits. Regarding carrier of Shoaib Akthar as fast bowler for Pakistani team,
    A Hero always is hero, even he play/active or sits outside.
    We love, we want to see again and continue our support to encourage Shoaib Akhtar.
    Only POLITICAL MEN lose support from people not hero, Shoaib I am with you….
    Shoaib Akthar already show thumb to a Top Indian Movie Director
    As well disgrace Mera.

Sh_imtiazbro@yhaoo.com Cell no 0345 673 6739.

Default disoppinted

well i am deeply dishearted with all has happened.and to be very honest i am not satisisfied with the inquiry. it was kind of inquiry to prove someone a culprit and it was a kind of inquiry which could have had done by ICC or WADA.i think it was an internal test hence the inquiry would have had done bit differently. they should have not asked the players to prove your innocence they should have jointly tried to go through the route cause of this ill happening considering that they are our heros. pcb should have had done a cooperation with players. on the other hand i am unable to understand how a player knownigly can commit such sin when he knows that he is surely gonna be caught. whenever ICC was going to check the players regarding doping shoib was going to be first being a fastest bowler. he can't do it conciously. it is just a mistake. a person who has cleared the test twice before this should be considered well aware of the process. and the person who knows can't do it. on the other hand asif is innocent he has just arrived in international cricket, belongs to a village, does not have a strong enough communicational skills, did not attend any of pcb's awareness meetings' was never told by the officials what to do what to not should be considered innocent and should have had cleared by giving a warning.
    regarding futures i think both will come back soon every thing will be setteled down quickly and there surely will be a questionnaire plotted on inquiry because there are flaws and the inquiry peocedure altogether is not right.
    future of pakistan's pace bowling is never going to be darkened coz there are lot of bowlers knocking at the doors of team. specially irshad having same kind of bowling action like shoaib alongwith same kind of speed aging just 23 and najaf shah good tall left handed pacer aging 21.

twitter.com/dilmeer Major dilmir's Avatar

Too BAD

Dont worry SHOAIB.. i have sympathy for you!

You will b back n blowing the stumps out of the ground, INSHALLAH

Salam Shoaib

New Born

shoaib we all love u hopefully all settle in few coming days

!!! This Is My Yard !!! Brigadier General numkeenguy's Avatar

no yaar both of our striking baller will b back..

Naughty Boy Lieutenant-Colonel jaaanu__baaaba's Avatar

They wil back soon....INSHALLAH

New Born

Default Bad Luck Of Shoaib

BAD LUCK FOR SHOAIB AKTHAR.............HE IS A GREAT BOWLER.......HE SHOULD COME BACK.......................AND HE WILL COME...................

Smile PrOuD 2 B PAKI..!!

Yeah!! They Will B Back Soon....