Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate Of The Week!!!

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default Debate Of The Week!!!

And here's the New Debate of the WEEK!!!

Are Reality Shows Really Real or are they a cheap attempt at raising TRPs

The Rules:

You can support your debate with Research, Pictures, Statistics...whatever you please.

BUT, make sure that the entries are NOT MORE THAN 100 WORDS!!!

The Admin's DECISION about the prize winner will be FINAL!

The Prize winner will be declared every SATURDAY!!

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

Reality shows are desperate set up to create nd deliver a story n quick few days, in my opinion, there s no heart involved n all those actions, wen they knw that they gettin watched, their behaviour s pleasing, nd the TV firm always chords the final masala, cuz they want to raise the number of sponsors, honestly i did nvr watch a reality show, they are manipulated nd well written.

bt i enjoyed wen shilpa won thethe celebrity big brother,

it was one of the proud moment for all of us.
    Last edited by ignoramusenator; 22-05-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Make My Day

Trance Infection Major General AxN's Avatar

Good topic.

space reserved for ma views, gotta do research before i post, this time i got to win somethin, haar haar ke thak gyaa
    ▫▪▫▪ . Armin Van Buuren... the only definition of Trance !! ▪▫▪▫
    Ŧλέ αδ вγ

SB Champion Lieutenant Salahuddin's Avatar

I think:
    Reality Shows are 100% FAKE

For example BIG BOSS on Sony tv : everyone knows they are being filmed, so why will anyone backbite about others. At the end, the victim of the backbite will come to know about this.
    Also BIG BOSS, the english version, same thing. They have sex with one starcast and says love you to another star. Truth will be out on tv, then why hide in the big boss's apartment. Just doesn't make sense.

Here's small part of my research from http://reality-tv-guide.com/

"Some Reality TV may not be quite as real as we may like to think. Take the case of the hated apprentice contender Omarosa for example. According to a Time magazine article, she may have been the victim of reality TV editors. Some reality TV shows are edited to be dramatic and some quotes may actually be manufactured. Clashes and ugly feuds between the reality stars may be constructed and some parts of the shows may also be completely edited and cut out so they don't make the final show that people see on TV. Some critics actually charge that reality TV is not so real and that these shows may be far more manipulative than we think.
    According to a poll by CNN, 57% of 1016 adults believe that Reality TV shows provide a distorted picture of events while another 23% say the shows are "totally phoney". The amount of pressure for TV ratings pushes people to make the show more interesting.
    When all is said and done, some people on the reality shows say that they were unfairly represented and the reality taken out of the show therefore making the show pure entertainment."

Another research source from Indian channel :
    "The reality show fraternity says that the emotions are clever acting & clever editing. Each participant is free to react and we capture various shades of their changing moods."So, even if everything is for real, the channel airs it selectively. Which is also Aryan's point: "It's the editing table where the scripting is done. They can always show whatever is dramatic, to retain the audience's interest."Agrees actor-anchor Pooja Bedi, who was part of reality dance show Jhalak Dikhla Ja."
    Last edited by Salahuddin; 19-05-2008 at 01:44 PM.

||>> GhUnDa RaJ <<|| Lieutenant-Colonel Un Stopable champ's Avatar

hummmmmmm nice topic i will prepare my debate and post it tomorrow
    Tangay rehnday keliyan day naal paranday jina day rati yaar vichday....!!!

@The Ultima INFO WIZARD@ Captain AMMEMBAL's Avatar

Arrow

When I'll be online the nxt time, I'll explain how it is.

SALAAM-E-DISC

SB Legend Brigadier General Fastidious's Avatar

C'monn guys!
    We all watch T.V, we all have opinions, we all know how to express ourselves, We have the medium to that as well (this very forum and this very Debate) So just shun ur inhibitions and say it all...

What's stopping u afterall??

C'MONNNNNN! PARTICIPATE! BE A SPORT!!!

@The Ultima INFO WIZARD@ Captain AMMEMBAL's Avatar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    And here's the New Debate of the WEEK!!!

Oh Yeah. They are a Great Deal "REAL" and a little "REEL".

I have made a good amount of Observation (not research) while watching these programmes myself.

BIG BOSS:
    Here, all the proceedings in the house have been shot on Wednesdays, which was the last day for votings. And, after editing them, they were telecast on Fridays.
    Next thing, the shooting of any members exit was done on Thursdays when the counting of votes had been completed. Then, it was telecasted on Saturdays with a meagre amount of editing done.

STAR VOICE OF INDIA & Others:
    Here, the votings would be completed by Sunday and the countings by Monday.
    Then, the shooting for a contestant's exit would be done on the same day and telecasted with the necessary amount of editing on Fridays.
    The next day's telecast would be shot on Thursdays and with the editing done, it would be telecasted on Saturdays.

So is the case with almost all the Reality Shows.
    Basically, the editing and the showcasing of the teasers is done to improve the TRPs, and not the whole show. Rest of the work is completed by all kinds of Communication Medias.

SALAAM-E-DISC

......salsa...... Colonel smarty_geo's Avatar

gd mein bhi

chalo accha hai
    "I was out cuz i dint remember my password "

Dr. Shehzad Lieutenant General X-MAN-S.A's Avatar

Let vme prepare it first.....
    nice topic BTW.........

SB MahaGuru Colonel Chikoo.RocKstar's Avatar

Yaa..dey r real bt having sum weak points as voting method,da way to shw da candidates infrnt of media,da rivalry between da opponents...bt gud as bcoz itz hunting fr new talents..

>>>Reality shows: Hunting for talent in India<<<

The rising popularity of the reality shows on television channels has added a new dimension to the production of TV programs. These shows give opportunities to the prodigies residing in the interiors of the country to showcase their talent.

Reality shows not only changed the destinies of many television channels but also of many ordinary people. People like Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghosal and Anushka are some of the successful finds of reality television. It was only for these shows that a teashop owner, Sunil Pal, became a laughter champion and Prashant, a sepoy from Darjeeling, became the third Indian Idol.

Reality shows have come under a lot of criticism. Questions have been raised over the authenticity of the voting system on the basis of which the contestants are voted out. Prominent names like Lata Mangeshkar have raised fingers over the very method of selection that is used on such shows. Throwing contestants out on the basis of the votes cast by people sitting at home with hardly any knowledge about the technicalities involved in a contest like singing or dancing has been questioned.

Despite all this, the end reality is that such shows enjoy great popularity among the audience. Reality television is a ray of hope for the ordinary people. It not only gives them the courage to dream but also the assistance to turn their dreams to reality. It is difficult to say whether reality shows are a phase or they are here to stay, but we wish they stayed for long so that more and more Qazis and Abhijeet Sawants get a chance to live their dreams.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Reality shows are real but not 100% real. These are edited, mixed and enhanced to catch viewers.

The emotions and climax in most of reality shows are fake, even in indian reality shows too. It is all done for popularity and for money! The results are expected and they all know the results from the first day but they perform a great drama on screen that viewers fascinate and start giving response. There is some reality too but unexpected is nothing for the organizers.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default The WINNER!!!!!

As usual you guys have done a FANTASTIC job.

The WINNER However is Chikoo.RocKstar with this point of view...........

Quote Originally Posted by Chikoo.RocKstar View Post

Yaa..dey r real bt having sum weak points as voting method,da way to shw da candidates infrnt of media,da rivalry between da opponents...bt gud as bcoz itz hunting fr new talents..

>>>Reality shows: Hunting for talent in India<<<

The rising popularity of the reality shows on television channels has added a new dimension to the production of TV programs. These shows give opportunities to the prodigies residing in the interiors of the country to showcase their talent.

Reality shows not only changed the destinies of many television channels but also of many ordinary people. People like Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghosal and Anushka are some of the successful finds of reality television. It was only for these shows that a teashop owner, Sunil Pal, became a laughter champion and Prashant, a sepoy from Darjeeling, became the third Indian Idol.

Reality shows have come under a lot of criticism. Questions have been raised over the authenticity of the voting system on the basis of which the contestants are voted out. Prominent names like Lata Mangeshkar have raised fingers over the very method of selection that is used on such shows. Throwing contestants out on the basis of the votes cast by people sitting at home with hardly any knowledge about the technicalities involved in a contest like singing or dancing has been questioned.

Despite all this, the end reality is that such shows enjoy great popularity among the audience. Reality television is a ray of hope for the ordinary people. It not only gives them the courage to dream but also the assistance to turn their dreams to reality. It is difficult to say whether reality shows are a phase or they are here to stay, but we wish they stayed for long so that more and more Qazis and Abhijeet Sawants get a chance to live their dreams.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

Congrats chikoo........

Make My Day

Trance Infection Major General AxN's Avatar

Damn.... i forgot to post my opinion....

congo Chikoo bro... brilliant work...
    ▫▪▫▪ . Armin Van Buuren... the only definition of Trance !! ▪▫▪▫
    Ŧλέ αδ вγ