Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The biggest hollywood news thread in SBF

- WilDChilD - Major General najis's Avatar

Wink The biggest hollywood news thread in SBF

The biggest hollywood news thread in SBF
    Behind Every Successful Man There's A Women. That's Because Women Never Run After Men Who Don't Succeed!

HOLLYWOOD - Actress Mary-Kate Olsen is determined to stay out of the controversy surrounding Heath Ledger's death--by refusing to comment on her involvement in the incident.

The Weeds star became linked to the actor's death after it was reported that the masseuse who discovered Ledger's dead body in his New York apartment in January had called Olsen in California a number of times before contacting emergency services.

The New York Police Department eventually decided not to question the 21-year-old, and as a result, Olsen has never explained the nature of her relationship with the Australian actor.

And in the July issue of Elle magazine, Olsen continues her reign of silence regarding the late star.

When asked about Ledger, Olsen replied: "I'm not going to comment on that, I won't give you a word about that--in the nicest way possible. Let's move on."

Toxicology results released in February revealed Ledger, 28, was killed by an accidental overdose of prescribed medications.

COPYRIGHT 2008 WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK LTD. All Global Rights Reserved.
    Behind Every Successful Man There's A Women. That's Because Women Never Run After Men Who Don't Succeed!

HOLLYWOOD - Tom Cruise is moving to New York with his wife Katie Holmes while she stars in Broadway play All My Sons.

Last month, the actress confirmed she would be making her stage debut in the Arthur Miller play, following months of negotiations.

Producer Eric Falkenstein reveals the deal took so long to strike because Holmes wants to relocate her whole family, including Cruise and their 2-year-old daughter Suri, to the Big Apple when the show opens in October.

Falkenstein reveals, "It took time--about four months--to work out. There were family issues. She and Tom are committed to keeping the family together, so they have to get an apartment here."

He also insists Holmes wasn't hired because of her celebrity name: "Katie's not really a celebrity type. She's done brilliant work in films like Pieces of April and The Ice Storm and is perfect for the role.

"(Her character is) a natural sweetheart who can sniff out phonies; Katie basically has that exact moral fiber."

Cruise and Holmes recently purchased a $35 million mansion in Beverly Hills.

HOLLYWOOD - Sharon Stone has been shunned by a Chinese film festival after she made insensitive remarks about the country's recent earthquake.

The Basic Instinct star was forced to apologize after she stunned journalists at last month's Cannes Film Festival in France by suggesting the disaster was the result of "bad karma."

Stone linked the tragedy, which killed more than 67,000 people, to China's treatment of Tibetans, saying: "All these earthquakes and stuff happened and I thought, 'Is that karma?' When you are not nice, bad things happen to you."

The comments led to Chinese officials calling for a boycott of all her upcoming film projects, and now Stone has been told she is not welcome at the country's Shanghai Film Festival, which begins on Wednesday.

Stone attended last year's event as the ambassador for French design house Christian Dior. However, protests in China have led to advertisements featuring the actress being taken down.

HOLLYWOOD - The X-Files star Gillian Anderson is pregnant with her third child.

The actress, 39, and her longtime boyfriend Mark Griffiths already have a 20-month-old son, named Oscar, together.

Anderson also has teenage daughter Piper, 13, from her first marriage to Clyde Klotz, who was an assistant art director on the hit sci-fi show, reports People.com

●๋•нαя ∂нα∂кαη υѕкє ℓιソє● Field Marshal kaps58's Avatar

nice start bro..!!!!!!!!! gud attempt..
    God is Really Creative....I Mean... Just Luk @ Me ...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaps58 View Post
    nice start bro..!!!!!!!!! gud attempt..

thanks for u are replies as soon i get new i will post

HOLLYWOOD - A host of celebrities, designers and supermodels, including Claudia Schiffer and Catherine Deneuve, have gathered in France to attend the funeral of late style maestro Yves Saint Laurent.

The legendary fashion designer died on Sunday after battling a brain tumor--and his loss has been felt by stars from all over the entertainment industry.

Saint Laurent's funeral took place in Paris on Thursday at the city's Saint-Roch church--with Paris' shops closing for two hours to pay their respects to the design icon.

The 71-year-old's fellow designers Christian Lacroix, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Sonia and Nathalie Rykiel, Kenzo Takada and Valentino all turned out to honor their late rival.

Deneuve--a close friend of Saint Laurent--read out a poem in homage to the man who created her outfits for cult 1967 movie Belle De Jour.

Saint Laurent will be cremated and his ashes scattered in a botanical garden in Marrakech, Morocco, close to a house he owned in the region.

Default Shania Twain Breaks Her Silence Over Split

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Shania Twain has broken her silence over her split from husband Robert “Mutt” Lange.

In a statement to her “beloved fans” posted on her Web site, the country superstar said she now needs time to heal her “broken heart.”

“As I am sure you have seen or heard; I am going through a rough time personally in my life,” Shania wrote. “I wanted you all to know that I could not be getting through this without you. Your letters, emails and words of encouragement give me strength. Your overwhelming support reminds me to smile, no matter how deep the pain and to always be grateful for all the beautiful blessings in my life.”

A rep for Shania announced in May the couple was splitting after 14 years of marriage.
    According to People, sources “close to the situation” claim Lange was involved with a woman named Marie-Ann Thiebaud, a longtime secretary and manager of the couple’s chateau in Switzerland.

“Mutt and Marie-Anne left their spouses for each other and are still in a relationship,” People quoted a source as saying.

However, Lange denied the claim.

“It’s absolutely not the reason [for the separation from Twain],” Lange told People. “It’s not true.”

As far as Shania, she appears set to let her music do the talking for her.

“I have so much to say but I know the best way for me to speak is through my music. This is my therapy, my passion, and my love. I look forward to sharing it with all of you as I begin this new journey,” she added in her post. “I need some time to heal this broken heart but make no mistake; I will be back and hopefully stronger than ever. Thank you my friends, from the bottom of my heart. – Love, Shania.”

Shania, 42, and Lange, 59, wed on December 28, 1993. They have a six-year-old son named Eja.

Default 'Idol' Runner-Up David Archuleta Signs Record Deal

American Idol Season 7 Still: David Archuleta
    Photo Gallery
    LOS ANGELES - Popular American Idol runner-up David Archuleta has signed a record deal and is expected to release an album later this year, his new producers at 19 Recordings/Jive Records said on Thursday.

With a record deal in hand, 17-year-old crooner Archuleta joins past Idol also-rans such as Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson and Clay Aiken who have leveraged their stardom on hit television show Idol into record, film and Broadway fame.

This season Archuleta was widely expected to win the No. 1-rated TV talent show, but he lost to rival David Cook on the program's final episode in May by 12 million votes.

Simon Fuller, creator of American Idol and founder of 19 Entertainment Label Group, said Archuleta instantly won over a huge audience and has a great future ahead of him.

"It was fascinating to watch David's journey through Idol. He is a genuine pop star, and is a gifted singer," Fuller said in a statement.

Daughtry, Hudson and Aiken all lost in past seasons, too.

Daughtry currently has a hit album. Hudson won a supporting actress Oscar for her role in movie musical Dreamgirls, and Aiken has appeared on Broadway in Spamalot, among his various credits since Idol.

The show averaged about 27 million viewers a week this season.

Default Did Joe Simpson push Tony Romo too far?

Last week, a source told the Chicago Sun-Times that the problems between NFL quarterback Tony Romo and singer-actress Jessica Simpson were a direct result of the singer’s meddling father-manager. Now, thanks to another gabby insider, Us Weekly found out just what Papa Joe did to push Jessica’s main squeeze too far.

The first offense from the Simpson patriarch was to suggest Tony drop his agent and let Joe handle his Dallas Cowboys career and the $65.7 million contract that comes with it.

According to the Us source, Joe followed that unpopular play with an offer to publicize the quarterback’s engagement to Jessica and their eventual nuptials in the event that things ever went that far.
    “If you guys have a marriage, I can (sell it) the same that I did with Ashlee,” Joe said, according to the insider.

Though Tony’s negative reaction to all that unsolicited help is said to be the reason he and Jessica are just “a trial thing” now, Joe defended his actions when Us asked him about the situation.

“It’s unfair to criticize me for what every manager does for his or her clients,” Simpson told the magazine, “And in this business, where people can quickly turn on you, who better than a parent to be working for his children?”

Timberlake and Biel ‘headed for marriage’
    Despite frequent rumors of relationship woes, Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel are still going strong. In fact, In Touch Weekly reports the “Sexy Back” singer invited Jessica to move into his six-bedroom mansion, and that’s just the start of things to come.

Slide show
    Image: Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz

The week in celebrity sightings
    Ashlee and Pete match hairdos, Brad and Maddox hit the pits, Mariah throws a pitch and more.

more photos
    “They’re both really excited,” said a source who revealed the couple’s plans to the magazine. “Jessica is preparing to live in Justin’s Hollywood Hills home.”

As for the actress’s current residence, she’s “giving the house to her parents and brother because she doesn’t want to sell it.”

But don’t take her reluctance to part with the property as a sign of caution.

“They’re definitely headed for marriage,” the source assured. “Moving in is just the beginning.”
    Gamers who consider themselves rock gods thanks to their mastery of “Guitar Hero” get no respect from John Mayer. “‘Guitar Hero’ was devised to bring the guitar-playing experience to the masses without them having to put anything into it,” the real-life axe man told Rolling Stone magazine. “And having done both, there’s nothing like really playing guitar. I mean, what would you rather drive, a Ferrari or one of those amusement-park cars on a track?” … The longest running “Dancing With the Stars” showmance has come to an end. Mario Lopez and his season-three pro partner Karina Smirnoff, who continued to dance together long after the music stopped, have gone their separate ways. “You know, I am so busy with everything going on in my life right now, I wouldn’t make a good girlfriend,” Karina told OK! magazine. “(Mario’s) a great guy. I think the world of him. I think we both are focused on our careers right now.”

Default J.Lo parlaying show into clothing-line launch?

When it was announced that Jennifer Lopez would do a reality show, many wondered why she’d submit herself to an such an intrusion, not to mention the accompanying public scrutiny.

Now, a clue: J.Lo is gearing up to launch a new line of clothing, and, wouldn’t you know it, the creation of the line and the publicity from her show will dovetail nicely.

A source told OK! magazine that the idea behind the line is that Lopez “wants to look great in the gym and in the street.”
    This isn’t Lopez’s only clothing brand: She created the J.Lo, Sweetface and JustSweet brands. Sounds like Lopez, who with husband Marc Anthony is raising twins (without a nanny!), is going to have plenty of material for the cameras.

Kirstie Alley’s diet woes
    Kirstie Alley’s plans to market her weight loss part deux are well underway.

The “Fat Actress” star has gained back nearly half the weight which she lost on her Jenny Craig diet (that’s the same weight loss that landed her on “Oprah” in a bathing suit) and will share her new slimming secrets in 2009, reports In Touch. ),” Alley told the magazine. “I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the never-ending fatty roller-coaster ride.”

She lost 75 pounds in 2006 and put 30 back on in just five months. A source for the magazine said Kirstie gained the weight by eating regularly at Pinkberry frozen-dessert restaurants and a Chinese restaurant. “I’ve been a kid in a candy store,” Alley said.

Default Hollywood sees cracks in gay ‘glass closet’

LOS ANGELES - Hollywood’s “glass closet” may not be shattered, but with stars such as Ellen DeGeneres and T.R. Knight openly out and shows like “The L Word” proving popular in recent years, insiders say being gay or lesbian is no longer a career breaker for celebrities.

The California Supreme Court on Wednesday gave a final approval for gay marriages in the state, clearing the way for talk show host DeGeneres and her girlfriend of four years, actress Portia de Rossi, to marry as planned.

Last week actress Lindsay Lohan, 21, was the subject of widespread talk in celebrity magazines that she was having a lesbian affair with friend Samantha Ronson, prompting some in Hollywood to encourage her to go public with the relationship.If she did, it might not hurt her career, as it most definitely would have only a few years ago. In fact, say many gay Hollywood players, it has not hurt theirs.

“After publicly coming out, I haven’t noticed a difference,” “Grey’s Anatomy” star T.R. Knight told Reuters at an event to celebrate gay marriage in West Hollywood.

But Knight, who was forced by a colleague to disclose publicly he was gay, noted he had a steady job, which cannot be said for others.

Actor Rock Hudson kept his homosexuality a secret for decades for fear it would hurt his ability to win leading-man roles. His death to AIDS-related illness in 1985 shocked Americans, and when DeGeneres publicly came out in the late 1990s it caused a media sensation.

But by early this decade, TV show “Will & Grace,” about the lives of a gay man and straight woman, had become a critical and audience hit, a sign of increasing public acceptance.DeGeneres, O'Donnell are breaking barriers
    Still, experts say a “glass closet” exists for some actors, but because many openly gay celebrities such as Knight, DeGeneres, De Rossi and Rosie O’Donnell are breaking barriers that have stood for years, that closet is cracking.Ilene Chaiken, creator and executive producer of “The L Word,” the popular lesbian-themed show on the cable channel Showtime, said Hollywood’s attitude toward gay content has improved and that soon any gay “stigma” will be irrelevant.Ilene Chaiken, creator and executive producer of “The L Word,” the popular lesbian-themed show on the cable channel Showtime, said Hollywood’s attitude toward gay content has improved and that soon any gay “stigma” will be irrelevant.“Our kids think it’s absurd gay people can’t get married, and by the time they are the dominant consumer culture, most of these issues are going to be non-issues,” she said.

But some actors, especially men, still fear coming out.

Film and TV fans are more likely to warm to a lesbian actress than a gay actor, the experts said. Women are less likely to feel threatened by a lesbian woman. Some men see them as sexy, and gay men as challenging their own sexuality.

Howard Bragman, a veteran Hollywood publicist who is openly gay, noted that Hollywood still has no shining example of a megastar leading man who came out of the closet and thrived in his career.

Still, in recent years, a few gay actors such as Knight and Neil Patrick Harris, who plays a womanizing man about town on TV’s “How I Met Your Mother,” have remained high-profile stars since breaking out of the glass closet.

Default R. Kelly defense expert: Mark in video not mole

CHICAGO - A forensic expert testified Thursday at R. Kelly’s child pornography trial that a fingernail-sized mark seen on the lower back of the man in the sex tape at the center of the case was not a mole but video distortion.

Video analysis expert Charles Palm testified for the defense that the black mark appears — and disappears — because the video has been duplicated so many times.

Jurors last week watched a 4-by-4-foot monitor where freeze frames of the man’s back were shown. Just above his waistline was a mark that the prosecution’s forensics expert, Grant Fredericks, said appeared to be a mole. He compared the frames with 2002 police photos of Kelly’s back, concluding the spots were in the exact same position.Palm disagreed Thursday.

“I see a black mark but it doesn’t appear to be a mole,” Palm said.

Dispute over altering
    Kelly, 41, who won a Grammy Award in 1997 for the song “I Believe I Can Fly” and whose biggest hits are raunchy ballads like “Ignition,” is charged with child pornography for allegedly videotaping himself having sex with a female who prosecutors say was as young as 13. He has pleaded not guilty and faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.

Both Kelly and the alleged victim, who is now 23, deny it’s them in the video.Palm disagreed with Fredericks and another prosecution witness who testified that digitally altering the nearly half-hour video — 100,000 frames on the entire footage — would be practically impossible, requiring that someone go through each frame to calibrate everything from shadows to blinks of an eye so that they all move in perfect sync.Palm testified that a video like the one at the heart of the case could be mocked up in mere months. By way of example, he showed jurors footage of the sex tape that he manipulated. In it, images of the male and female fade in and out against the tape’s distinctive log-cabin background.

“I created most of that over a couple of spare hours,” he said.

On cross-examination Palm acknowledged that the tape shown by prosecutors during opening statements did not appear to be manipulated, but he said the picture quality was too degraded for him to be sure.

Soliciting a bribe?
    Earlier Thursday, a private investigator for Kelly testified that he believes the prosecution’s star witness and her fiance were trying to get money out of the singer when they claimed a publisher had offered them a $300,000 deal for a book about Kelly.

Defense witness Jack Palladino said he took the claim by Lisa Van Allen and her fiance, Yul Brown, as an attempt to extort money in exchange for their silence. Van Allen testified earlier this week that she had multiple three-way sexual encounters with Kelly and the alleged victim in the case.

“I assume they were trying to solicit a bribe,” Palladino said of a meeting with Allen and Brown in the Atlanta area earlier this year.

Under cross-examination, Palladino conceded that neither Van Allen nor Brown directly asked for a bribe, but he said their language “was a coded way to get money from my client (Kelly).”

Palladino added he was sure no book deal existed.Prosecutor Robert Heilingoetter countered that a book deal was a plausible claim and that Palladino had no grounds to conclude the couple were trying to extort money.

Also Thursday, defense attorneys continued working to cast doubt on the testimony of prosecution witnesses who said they recognized the alleged victim on the tape.

Several defense investigators told jurors at least one acquaintance who identified the alleged victim for the prosecution had told them earlier that she wasn’t sure the alleged victim was on the recording.

Default Hiding pregnancies an impossible task for stars

NEW YORK - Deny, deny, deny.

That’s what musician Pete Wentz did in April when reports surfaced that fiancee Ashlee Simpson was carrying his child. In an angry missive to MTV.com, Wentz fumed: “There is a witch hunt for people to be pregnant whenever they get engaged in Hollywood. This is all news to me.”

Last week, Wentz, who married the 23-year-old singer (now Simpson-Wentz) last month at her parents’ Los Angeles-area home, happily confirmed the news on his blog, explaining that the couple “wanted to wait until after the first trimester” to make it official. Most expectant parents, concerned about the possibility of a miscarriage, wait until after the first three months of pregnancy to share the news with family and friends. But discretion is nearly impossible for those in the media spotlight.

“Every woman, no matter who they are or what they do for a living, has the right to wait until at least (three) months before sharing this very personal news,” Wentz, who turns 29 Thursday, told MTV.com last week. “We wanted to wait until after the first trimester and get a clean bill of health from our doctors before confirming anything, just like any other couple.” “Being a boy I have no idea how to respond to such things and my first instinct was to protect her and the baby,” said Wentz, bassist for rock band Fall Out Boy. “It’s insane that you can’t let happy news brew in Hollywood. This wasn’t about press or anything. ... I apologize to anyone who felt misinformed but the truth is, the person and growing baby is who I felt most loyal to protect and defend.”‘Great breaking news’
    Wentz isn’t the first celebrity to dispute pregnancy rumors. In late December, Nicole Kidman, who had a miscarriage during her marriage to Tom Cruise, denied that she is expecting a baby with husband Keith Urban — only to confirm it a week later. Jennifer Lopez, who welcomed twins with husband Marc Anthony in February, announced she was pregnant in November following denials by the couple.

Even so, attempts by celebrities to keep their pregnancies private doesn’t stop celebrity magazines and gossip Web sites from issuing reports to the contrary.

Jared Shapiro, executive editor of Life & Style Weekly, told The Associated Press the magazine began publishing stories that Simpson, the younger sister of Jessica Simpson, was pregnant after receiving information from various sources.

“The news of the pregnancy makes for great breaking news,” he said.

“Ninety-nine percent of these celebrities end up confirming, so they do talk about it — they just do it on their own terms,” said Shapiro. He said it’s the media’s job “to break news. Not wait for news.”