Page 1 of 142 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipasha Basu (part I)

- WilDChilD - Major General najis's Avatar

Default Bipasha Basu (part I)

Born:
    January 7, 1979 (1979-01-07) (age 29)
    Delhi, India
    Film actress, model

Bipasha Basu Bipasha Basu , born on January 7, 1979 is a Bollywood actress and a Supermodel. She is the winner of the Ford Supermodel of the World (contest) and now works in mainstream Bollywood films. Her first name means "Deep, dark desire." She is continually listed as one of Asia's sexiest women, along with fellow stars Mallika Sherawat and Aishwarya Rai.

Bipasha is the second of three daughters in her family. Her family consists of her mother, her father, her elder sister Bidisha, and her younger sister Bijoyeta . She was born in New Delhi. Later her family moved to Kolkata where she won regional beauty contest at a very young age.

In an interview, she said that she had come into modeling and acting "quite by accident".She had planned to learn chartered accountancy or study medicine. She said that she dropped the idea of doing medical studies because she fainted when attempting to dissect rats.As a child she was considered ugly because of her dark skin.

Dino Morea was her long term boy friend(teenage years) untill she found John Abraham. She said in KBC - celebrity episode - that they started to date each other during the shooting of a movie called Aitbar.Basu dated Dino Morea before dumping him for her successful Jism co-star John Abraham. Abraham and Basu are now rumored to be engaged. Even though Basu is a practicing Hindu and Abraham a Christian, both families have accepted the couple. Basu has stated in an interview that though she was raised a Hindu, she believes that "God is everywhere, in every religion". She also stated that all religious groups deserve respect.

This Calcutta based commerce graduate model came into the limelight when she won the Ford's Supermodel of the World Contest and was named Tulips Ms Super Vivacious in the same event at the remarkably young age of 17. Basu was then flown to New York by the Ford Company. She gushed in an interview, "I was spotted by the world famous photographer, Steven Meisel, and featured in Vogue magazine. I was thrilled and soon had plenty of projects coming my way." Bipasha could have had the world at her feet and easily gained acclaim as an international model, but she gave it all up to come back to India, to be with the people she loves. "Yeah, I did a lot of ads, but my heart was not in it. I started missing my family because it was the first time I was away from them. So I happily gave it all up and came down to India", she reminiscesd.

This Bengali bombshell was bold enough to accept an unusual role in her debut film, Abbas Mustan's "Ajnabee", with Bobby Deol, Akshay Kumar & Kareena Kapoor. She played a married woman who goes all out to woo her husband’s married friend.

She was a household name much before she entered films. Besides doing innumerable prestigious ads, Bips, as her friends call her, did the famous video "Tu" for Sonu Nigam's album, Kismat and she also made a guest appearance in Jay Sean's music video Stolen.

Of late, many Indian models have turned from modeling to acting; Bipasha has been one of the most successful model-turned-actresses.Bipasha's debut film "Ajnabee"(2001) was fairly successful and she was soon signed for other movies. She attracted attention with her roles in "Raaz" (2002) and "Jism"(2003).

Jism featured more mature content than had previously been customary in Bollywood; it was a success and Bipasha was afterwards marketed as a sex symbol. In 2005, she had a boundary-pushing role in the successful film "No Entry". She later appeared in the 2006 film "Phir Hera Pheri", which did well at the box office.

Basu was the female lead in "Corporate", she received much acclaim for her performance. Dhoom 2 is her latest release with Yash Raj Films, which was a huge hit overseas and in India.Her role in "Omkara" was also critically acclaimed.She has also appeared in music videos, such as Tu Kab Ye Janegi... for Sonu Nigam’s album, Kismat and in Jay Sean's Stolen.

On July 7, 2007 Bipasha co-hosted the new Seven Wonders of the World event along with two-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank and Oscar winner Sir Ben Kingsley in Lisbon, Portugal.

Bipasha claims that she was harassed by organizers of the controversial 2006 India Day Parade in Edison, New Jersey.Organizers are now saying that they will sue Bipasha for breach of contract for not participating in the event and alleging harassment.Actress Nidhi Gill of Bipasha-the Black Beauty sent Basu a legal notice complaining that Basu had made derogatory remarks about the movie when she had never even seen it.

Early life
    Born on January 7, 1979 in New Delhi, India, Basu hails from a Bengali family. She is the second of three daughters to her parents, the elder being Bidisha, and the younger—Vijayeta. Although she was born in Delhi, her family later moved to Kolkata.

According to her, she had come into modelling and acting quite by accident, because initially she had planned to study medicine. Basu studied science till the 12th standard at Bhavan's Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir and later took up commerce at The Bhawanipur Gujarati Education Society College in Kolkata where she also did modelling and rampshows partime. Although, as pointed above, she intended to become a doctor, her aversion for dissections made her opt for chartered accountancy.[3] However, in 1996, she met well-known model Mehr Jessia in Kolkata; the latter suggested that Basu take part in the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel contest. She eventually participated, and won the contest.

Behind Every Successful Man There's A Women. That's Because Women Never Run After Men Who Don't Succeed!

Full Name:
    Bipasha Basu

Nicknames:
    Bonny, Bips

Birthday:
    January 7th, 1979

Birthplace:
    New Delhi, India (raised in Calcutta)

Star Sign:
    Capricorn

Height:
    5' 8"

Family:
    Father:
    Civil Engineer
    Mother:
    Housewife

Education:

Bachelor's of Commerce

Languages Spoken: Hindi, Bengali & English

Hobbies:
    Dancing, reading & helping her mother with interior designing

Early Career Highlights:
    Won the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest at 17
    Was signed to the prestigious Ford Modelling Agency

Breakthrough Performances:
    2001 as "Fake" Sonia/Neeta in Ajnabee
    2003 as Sonia Khanna in Jism

Relationships:
    Dated model/actor Dino Morea; currently dating model/actor John Abraham

Endorses:
    Levis Jeans, Thumbs Up Cola, Panasonic Cell Phones, Clinic All Clear Shampoo (with beau, John Abraham)

Favourite Actors:
    Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Michelle Pfeiffer, Julia Roberts, Aishwarya Rai, Kajol, Tabu & Manisha Koirala

Favourite Comic Films:
    Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Angoor, Golmaal, Chupke Chupke, Andaz Apna Apna, Hera Pheri, No Entry, Oscar (english)

Dislikes:
    who are irritable, lizards, mosquitoes, insects

Last edited by najis; 14-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.
    Behind Every Successful Man There's A Women. That's Because Women Never Run After Men Who Don't Succeed!

good thread, najis !
    I am Freakin' Insecure Neurotically Emotional.

I am FINE.

she's just one of the best

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope A10 View Post
    good thread, najis !
    thanks giving me support to rock the thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bindaas_pankaj View Post
    she's just one of the best

thanks for u are replies

Amole Gupte, the writer and creative director of Taare Zameen Par, allows his mind to roam freely. A trained painter, writer and graphic artiste, Amole is reportedly going to act in a Vishal Bhardwaj film. Is that true? “May be,” is all he has to say. Nothing less, and nothing more.

Amole is known for the summer sessions for children. And, as much as the kids enjoy them, he enjoys them twice over. So, what are these sessions all about? What does this ‘mole frog’, as his kid friends call him, teach them? “Who? Me? Teach children? I learn from them. You look and listen keenly and you will know you have so much to learn from them,” says Amole. We put on our thinking caps and indulge in some guesswork on what he might be discussing with the kids. It is not difficult to gauge then that cinema and art must be the heart of these sessions. “Yes,” he confirms, “Art, fun and cinema feed these sessions. Audio visual art and theatre is all what happens here.”

It is Taare Zameen Par that catapulted Amole into the corridors of fame. And, he talks enthusiastically about it. But, before he says anything about the film, he clarifies, “TZP is not a Bollywood film. It is a reward of eight years of patience, of experiences and conversations with children by Deepa Bhatia, my wife, and me. We feel like we are the parents of the film. It is our baby.”
    Amole is now working on two projects. But, he doesn’t want to give out the details so soon. “Through the film medium, I am trying to explore all factions of children. This time, I am trying to explore economic inequality,” he informs. Is there anything else he can share with us? “I will soon share the film,” he says jokingly.

And, the second film? “Well, it is about the severe passion for food,” he says. We try to probe further, and he tells us, “All I can say is that Bipasha Basu is very excited about this.” That is a probable hint that Bipasha would be seen in the film.

Coming back to TZP, does little Ishaan Awasthi’s role resemble Amole’s childhood? “Oh yes. Many episodes are exactly the way they happened to me. The absent note incident, a day out of school, being dazed, exploring the city, all that,” says Amole. And, what about getting into trouble with the folks bit? “Oh hell, yeah!” Amole laughs. “And, that’s the reason why it appealed to the audiences. It rings true because it comes alive on screen fuelled by real life.” If he treads a similar path, he will continue to experience success and fulfilment as always.

Ridheema Tiwari who is busy shooting for Annu Ki Ho Gai Wah Bhai Wah on Star One and Simlpy Sapne on Zee Next will be soon seen grooving to the hit number "No Entry" for the popular show, Saat Phere on Zee TV, on which Bipasha grooved in the movie. It wasn't a smooth start initially as there were some delays and hitches, which were not under any one's control but Ridheema made up for all this by acting pronto!

For the first time, I'm performing on an item no in a show that I'm not part of, so the expectations were naturally running high. Since I love dancing, it was not a Herculean task to give my best. Moreover I loved the tan look, the hair do & the dance steps that I found quite similar to what Bipasha Basu dons in the song.