View Poll Results: What is your opinion abt Cricket in Olympics ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 90.91%
  • No

1 9.09%
  • I dont like Cricket

0 0%

Thread: Cricket In Olympics ?

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

Thumbs up Cricket In Olympics ?

5 Reasons;Cricket is not in olympics

1. It is because a single match of cricket takes about 8 hours ,which means a full ground has to be kept reserved for the whole day.

2.In the whole world about 18-20 countries play cricket seriously,(though the number of countries were cricket is played may exceed 130)but olympic is for the whole world.

3.For cricket matches a complete new ground has to be made which means more expenditure.

4.Time spent for watching cricket is much more than watching a exciting football or hockey match.

5.Cricket is a famous game ,so most of the people will watch it,that means other stadiums will remain empty.

But with the new version of cricket Twenty -20 we can expect cricket to be included in olympics in near future.

T20 may include in Olympics: ICC [20 Aug, 2008]

President of International Cricket Council (ICC), David Morgan has said that Twenty20 cricket might be included in Olympics, adding everyone will have to work jointly to make it in 2020 Olympics. Different proposals have been given to include the T20 cricket in Olympics. Former Australian wicketkeeper-batsman Adam Gilchrist kicked off this campaign by issuing a statement that administrators should press for the inclusion of Twenty20 cricket in the Olympics from 2020. He said time has come for the Gentleman's game to be a permanent part, especially with the advent of Twenty20. Many players supported the Gilchrist’s idea of including T20 in Olympics.

Gilchrist calls for 20/20 cricket at Olympics in 2020 !

MELBOURNE - Cricketer Adam Gilchrist has called for the sport's Twenty20 format to be adopted as an Olympic event in the year 2020.
    A week out from the opening of the Beijing Games, Gilchrist claimed that re-introducing cricket as an Olympic sport would have the dual benefit of growing the sport internationally, and also boosting the Olympic movement's popularity on the subcontinent.
    The former Australian star, who retired from international cricket this year but played in the inaugural Indian Premier League, urged the International Cricket Council (ICC) to push for cricket to be considered for inclusion at the 2020 Olympics.
    "Cricket was part of the 1900 Olympics, when Great Britain beat France. But with Twenty20 cricket here to stay, now is the time for the 10 full-member nations of the ICC to plan for the development of the sport over the next 100 years," Gilchrist wrote in an article for the Deccan Chronicle, an Indian newspaper.
    "Over the next century, the challenge for all of us who love the game is to spread the word of cricket to parts of the globe that have never heard of it and currently don't play our sport.

"We have a responsibility to grow our game in new territories and amongst the women of the world.

"I believe the Olympic Games is the vehicle the sport should use to aggressively sell the message of our sport to all 202 competing Olympic nations, so our sport is strong and robust in countries where it is currently played and exciting and ground-breaking in countries who haven't yet caught the cricket bug."

Gilchrist envisaged the Twenty20 format could become popular in countries like the United States, China, Italy, France and Japan, which could all provide strong men's and women's teams.

Those nations participating in the Olympics could then pave the way for Test cricket to be played in more countries, he said.

In turn, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) would also benefit from cricket's inclusion, Gilchrist said, as the sport would act as the vehicle to boost the Olympics' presence on the subcontinent, which boasts almost a quarter of the world's population.

"Is it a realistic dream? I really believe it is. The ICC has already taken the step to become a recognised Olympic sport and that is the first step on the road to becoming part of the Olympic program," Gilchrist wrote.
    "The Olympic movement knows it needs to increase its presence in the Asian subcontinent as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh contribute nearly 22 per cent of the world's population.

"In theory, this is a win-win for the Olympic movement and the ICC and its members."

Gilchrist said the ICC should promote cricket to the IOC after the Beijing Games, to give the sport a chance of being selected, in 2013, for inclusion for the 2020 Games.

He said an Olympic cricket tournament would not compromise the sport's already jammed schedule, as a small window was needed once every four years.

ICC president investigates cricket at the Olympics !

David Morgan, the ICC president, believes Twenty20 could fit neatly into the Olympic schedule, but has warned the sport to think carefully about a push for a spot at the 2020 Games. Adam Gilchrist started the campaign earlier this month and Morgan has been in Beijing this week seeing how the event works and meeting with officials.
    Cricket gained recognition status from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) last year and Morgan said Twenty20 would suit the Olympic timetable "without any difficulty whatsoever". However, fitting the tournament into cricket's already-crammed international schedule could be a concern.
    "It is something that cricket has to think about very carefully," Morgan told AFP. "This visit, these few days, give us the opportunity to assess the potential for cricket becoming an Olympic sport."
    Last edited by ignoramusenator; 24-08-2008 at 10:02 AM.

Make My Day

सत्यमेव जयते Field Marshal Baadsah's Avatar

goog thread iggy,
    voted yes
    You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones every dog that barks.
    -Winston Churchill

Trance Infection Major General AxN's Avatar

Yoo bro.... Good information yaar...
    ▫▪▫▪ . Armin Van Buuren... the only definition of Trance !! ▪▫▪▫
    Ŧλέ ßαδ вøγ

The King O' Bling™ Lieutenant-Colonel wannabebuddy's Avatar

Thumbs up

its probably the most exciting game........ the 20-20 version, should definately be included in Olympics !!!

voted yes!

chura lo na dil mera Colonel Harry4u's Avatar

nice info dear
    Donate eyes!
    Love is bLiNd !

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

thank ya all for votin,

Make My Day

20-20 sud be included..........
    I am Freakin' Insecure Neurotically Emotional.

I am FINE.

●๋•нαя ∂нα∂кαη υѕкє ℓιソє● Field Marshal kaps58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope A10 View Post
    20-20 sud be included..........

agreed with ashu..!!!!!!!
    God is Really Creative....I Mean... Just Luk @ Me ...!!!

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

ya its should be included in olympics
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

SB MahaGuru Colonel

i like cricket 2 much! and want to c T20 in Olympics soon

voted no.... but 20-20 can be added....
    (,")
    </>
    _/\_

bєєи тhєяєdσиє тhคт