Thread: 'No belly button' model Karolina Kurkova sets fashion world navel gazing

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default 'No belly button' model Karolina Kurkova sets fashion world navel gazing

'No belly button' model Karolina Kurkova sets fashion world navel gazing

It might not be the first time that a top model has appeared to defy the laws of nature but even experienced fashion-watchers were baffled when Karolina Kurkova was photographed apparently without a belly button.

The newspapers call it the "riddle of the £2.5m beauty". The beauty in question is Czech supermodel Karolina Kurkova. The riddle is her non-existent belly button. Its absence was noticed this week when the 24-year-old graced a US catwalk for lingerie giant Victoria Secret. While most of us have an "outie" or an "innie", Ms Kurkova has a smooth indentation (although sometimes a tummy button is airbrushed onto her photos in post-production). Otherwise known as a navel, the belly button is the rounded, knotty depression in the centre of the abdomen caused by the detachment of the umbilical cord that fed you while in the womb. We all have umbilical cords, so why don't we all have a belly button?

[center]
    A close-up of Karolina Kurkova's midriff, taken on the same weekend, clearly shows the missing navel

Ms Kurkova has not spoken publicly about how she came to have a smooth navel, and all her agent will say is "she's not an alien".

Observers noticed that something was missing when the 24-year-old Czech appeared at a shoot for the underwear line Victoria's Secret in Miami Beach, Florida, at the weekend. Confounding the perennial debate about the relative merits of having an "innie" or "outie" belly button, the photograph showed that she had what appeared to be more of a smooth dimple. But the suggestion that the image had been doctored was quickly discarded as she was part of a line-up of several dozen models - all sporting standard buttons. As one of the world's highest paid models, Kurkova is a regular on the pages of glossy magazines but the unusual abdominal feature had gone unnoticed hitherto.
    [/center

The photograph has prompted speculation that in the past - unlike rival models who are anxious to cover up their belly button - she has had one airbrushed in. Last month, she was photographed wearing a *** studded with more than 2,000 diamonds, worth an estimated £3.5million in a promotional shoot for Victoria's Secret. Last year, Forbes magazine ranked her as the eighth highest paid model in the world with estimated annual earnings of £2.3million.

Perhaps that is why she is reported to feed her shih tzu dog, Bella, with caviar.

SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel Gyan100's Avatar

kya bat he mam good...................

●๋•нαя ∂нα∂кαη υѕкє ℓιソє● Field Marshal kaps58's Avatar

God is Really Creative....I Mean... Just Luk @ Me ...!!!

||||--MAN OF STEEL--|||| Colonel BADINDIAN's Avatar
    Next to that thing...near that thing right after that thing....

It is said that when she was young.......Her naval got altered while stapling the skin of her belly after an operation!
    I Don't Exactly Hate you!
    However, if you were on fire, and I had water,
    I'd drink it!

||||--MAN OF STEEL--|||| Colonel BADINDIAN's Avatar
    Next to that thing...near that thing right after that thing....

Dubbed by E! as, "she of the mysterious belly button," much has been made of Kurkova's noticeably smooth - almost invisible - navel.
    According to the model's rep, Kurkova does not have a belly button, due to an abdominal operation as an infant.

A part of an article taken from Y!
    I Don't Exactly Hate you!
    However, if you were on fire, and I had water,
    I'd drink it!

Let's Kill Enemies Field Marshal sweetooo.baba's Avatar

Good going ............
    Best Line Written in front of a masjid in New york

''Always believe in God,bcoz some questions in grave that cannot be answered by Google''