Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I Overcome the Social Differences with my BF?...sejal

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Default Can I Overcome the Social Differences with my BF?...sejal

Im (20f) from Indore. have a BF since 2yrs. He is a small town boy from a traditional family,moreover he is north Indian & I'm Bengali. His salary is just 8k .

After doing MBA & when i complete my pg, I will get minimum. 20k. Bcoz my college is very reputed. I want to ask will I b able to adjust with him when I marry considering all fields like money,culture etc? I cant stay in small town.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, they say love overcomes everything but then you have to be practical about this too, don't you? the very fact that you are asking me this question means that you are not convinced about how well this match will work out. You also say that you are not comfortable living in a small town.

Do give this a re-think. Life has to be looked at in its practicality too. If you feel that you cant live without him and will sacrifice everything to be with him, then fine, go ahead.
    BUT if you think that your differing lifestyles may cause rifts between you, well....THINK and wait!!

You r just 20, i think u r too young to decide on something like Marriage at this time, and things which u r thinking of now, can create rifts between u and ur bf on later stages, better be good frnds with each other, and marriage things u shld leave on time, may be with time, he also grows in his career, or may be starts his own business, then u shld think of marriage aspect, For now I would suggest that u both shld better be good frnds with each other, try to understand each other more,

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Im (20f) from Indore. have a BF since 2yrs. He is a small town boy from a traditional family,moreover he is north Indian & I'm Bengali. His salary is just 8k .

After doing MBA & when i complete my pg, I will get minimum. 20k. Bcoz my college is very reputed. I want to ask will I b able to adjust with him when I marry considering all fields like money,culture etc? I cant stay in small town.
    All this issue you have now..is not good just get out of this asap b/4 he get more hurt

wah , i dnt thk there is ne sort of love relastionship between u, coz where all this excuses and questions arises, there is no scope of successfull marraige between u

New Born

if u really love him than nothing matters....and if these things matter baby than i dont think u really love him.period

~ Lazy girl ~ Captain wonderkid's Avatar

The lines along which you are thinking, my girl..... i'm sure ur bf would be hurt if he was to find out. it's not his fault that his salary will be lower than urs. he obviously did not think along these lines when he loved you. he's not lucky enough to go to a reputed colg like you. he comes from a simpler and modest family. and if u think these are major issues, why did u mingle with him for 2 years then? better quit now, than hurt yourselves later. a girl like you will always take the upper hand after marriage, and make your husband suffer from inferiority complex.

well said wonderkid

money put blinds on our brain or u can say mind... today u dont have a job but u have a bf... tomorow u will get job and will earn abt 3 times more than him then u think huh! he is not capable for u????... dont b money minded... money is sumthing but not everything... u can get reputaion and name with money.. but cant buy luv.. besides money issue look at the other things.. how he treats u .. how much he loves u.. all that ....

Venus, coz girls are from there and I am exploring them

absolutely not

New Born

Question by this lady contradicts the female survery which preeto Mam posted.

Look, I was right...girls care about money all the time.

she didnt even think once that the guy shid be given the time to grow up in his career. She is just 20 yrs old so considering the average age of marriage will get amrried by 24 or 25.

She has 4-5 yrs left to think about but she knows that she has got more money than his bf so there is no point of giving him time.

Good going gal.

Ur a typical Indian gal who is money hungry.

Pls leave that guy ASAP...dont cheat him anymore.

SB Champion Lieutenant

Girl dont do this in a hurry study ur and his family closely together and just to ler u know future can change darcasticly.

Quote Originally Posted by lifenoteasy View Post

Ur a typical Indian gal who is money hungry.
    I object you.

Do not make such statements.

If you say so; you probably have forgotten the fact that its MEN who ask for money to get married and go to all shamefull extend to get money from girl's father.

what is "TYPICAL" about "MONEY HUNGRY" in Indian girls???

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Way back, John Lennon wrote the hit song 'All you need is love'..
    It wasn't just a song, it was more..it was his preaching to other's of how life should be ..

Well, that was cheap coming from a guy who had millions.He could afford to say such words.

Money is not everything in a relationship and the same too can be said that neither is Love.

What is of importance is compatibility: phisical and emotional.To me, this girl seem's to have her head screwed on in the right way and is aware of what is, and what is not going to tally up in the long run, her awareness is something that i personally admire..!

In the amidst of everything that's going on around her, she seems to be thinking maturely and along the correct lines and being very practical about her future and who can blame her for that..!

Good going,well done!

I want to tell you only one thing.....Dont let your heart take over your mind. It will only lead to chaos. If you think that there can be some social differences between you two, then either try and work it out by communicating among yourselves or you can think about giving this relationship another thought. Ask yourself only this......Will this relationship cause you or your bf pain or are you truly here by choice? Everyone has an ego, especially men. Deep down inside, I think your bf should be having or will have a stigma in the near future because of his low social status. It is not wrong to love who you love and money cannot be everything in a relationship. But imprudentially thuoght out relations can also lead to disaster.

New Born

Its only u yourself who can think an make a decision.

whats the harm if he drwas 8 an in future as u said u will draw 20 wht matters is he do wrk an not jobless slow and steady he also might get a gd pay never know.

An abt small town an the rest it only u who has 2 decided.